Got this vape from a friend...

So I have this friend who got a vape from her friend who runs a shop. I'm assuming she got it brand new. She didn't really get into vaping so she gave her to me.

I don't know what type of tank it is or the exact info on the battery. What I do know is that it doesn't work as well as my eGo-T.

The battery itself has a silver button that lights up blue when pushed, red when the charge is low, and white when it's charged. The base and bottom of the battery say "puff" and the bottom "puff" lights up when the button is pushed.

The tank is 2.0 ml, has a black base and top, comes with a small black mouthpiece (drip tip?). It looks like a clearomizer...I'm so new at this, I could have all the terms wrong. XD

Anyway, just wondering if anyone has any idea what this product is exactly and if they've tried this one. Maybe something is just wrong with this set-up...

The tank is a clearomiser. Not sure of the make or model. Looks like a CE4 style tank. The battery looks like a Kanger EVOD clone. It is what gets sold in a starter kit. I had something similar when I first started.

Your friend probably had a not so good time with that style clearo. I am not a huge fan of top coil design. I always burnt the wick. Kept forgetting to turn it upside down to keep the coil part of the wick saturated.

I prefer the bottom coil designs, i.e. Kanger EVOD, Aero, Protank and the Aspire tanks, Nautilus, K1

I see a lot of those re-branded or clones of Kanger EVOD batteries... most of them work pretty well, but that one appears to be a 650mAh, so it will last less than a full day before needing to re-charge.

GeorgeF is right, those CE4 tanks are a common starter tank (because they are cheap). You can usually pick up a dozen for $10-15 online. Some people love them, some hate them... I never had any real issues with them, other than the fact they are disposable... use them a week or so and toss them out when flavor or draw diminishes. I bought a 20-pack when I first started vaping, and used about a dozen before I tried a BDC Kanger Protank3-mini... after that, I gave away the CE4's and moved on to all Pyrex, bottom-coil tanks.

The battery will do you well for a back-up or supplement your other batteries... something to use while your larger ones charge.... but I would suggest a better tank/clearomizer :)

Those CE4 tanks are disposable... and they are usually good for a week or maybe two (if juices are not thick/sweet/dark). When they start to draw "hard", it's time to toss it. You can sometimes extend the life by soaking them overnight in a shot-glass full of Vodka, and then letting them air-dry for a day, but that doesn't always work, and is not really worth it, since they are so cheap... you can get a dozen on eBay for $10-15, and some sites run deals on them from time-to-time where you can get them in bulk for ~ $1 each.

The battery is probably just fine, and will work well with your other tanks (eGo or 510 threaded).

Have you tried the battery with other tanks?

Yes. Last night when I tried my other tanks, I was getting nearly no vapor on them either....but I charged it and it seems to be working just fine now. XD

Yep, I'd say the low vapor production was just a factor of low-charge. Those 650mAh batteries just won't last all day for me... When I had a pair of them, I would blow through both in a day, so one was always on the charger :( I gave them away to a friend as a starter-kit to help her get off analogs.

The 1100mAh batteries I currently use as back-ups will last all day, give or take, so any batteries I buy now have to be 1100mAh at a minimum. There's nothing wrong with the smaller batteries, and I do appreciate the size (nice and compact), but I prefer to carry 1 or 2 larger mAh batteries, rather than 3 or 4 smaller ones, when I'm going to be away from home all day or on an overnight trip.