I'd like to get a rebuildable

Fancythat1

Hiya,

I find that I get bored rather quickly of the flavor I'm using, so I was thinking that I want a rebuildable. The problem is that I need one that is affordable and advice on what kind of battery I should get (also needs to be affordable).

Do I have this right on the type of vape I need to do this? Or is there another type of vape I'm confusing this with?

Thanks for the help!! ;P

What you're referring to is an RDA (rebuildable dripping atomizer)? If so, yes, that is good for changing flavors quickly... just re-wick, and change flavors.

However, if you are not mechanically inclined to build your own coils, do not have a firm grip on Ohm's law, and do not wish to expend at least $100 on necessary components/supplies... RDA's may not be the best option.

If all you're after is being able to change flavors at the drop of a hat... I would suggest multiple tanks (of the same type or style). Personally, I have RDA and RTA, Mechanical MODs, VV/VW batteries, and standard eGo's... but I also rotate through more than 16 tanks... some with the same flavor in them so I can keep vaping without refilling... some with different flavors so I can change when I feel the need for something different... some with different Nicotine strengths, for that morning "lift", and lower-levels so I can sleep more soundly.

Multiple tanks may seem extreme, but I doubt many on this forum have fewer than 6 of any given tank, just for the purpose of different flavors (or convenience). Plus, half-a-dozen tanks will cost you FAR less than getting into RDA's.

Don't think I'm trying to stop you from RDA's... no, the flavor and vapor production can be amazing from them... but safety is first, and I always want to point out the cost-factor too. You can get a decent RDA, Mech Mod, high-quality batteries, wire, Ohm-meter, cotton, etc. for all under $100 if you're careful. But if all you want is convenience to change flavors... additional tanks may be the better route?

You could always direct drip with a prebuilt atomizer, that would be a cheaper alternative and much less expensive. There is a learning curve in how to use these successfully, but it's less of a learning curve than learning all about Ohm's Law, getting an RDA, wire, wick, ohm meter, torch, etc.

http://www.vapelite.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22_47&products_id=62

This is one that I learned on. These days I use an RDA but mostly, I use the Cisco Spec Hybrid HH.357 atomizers: http://www.avidvaper.com/hh-357-cisco-spec-hybrid-atomizers/

The HH.357s are not what I'd call "affordable" at a minimum of $22 each whereas the first link's atomizer is $2.50 each but you also get what you pay for.

Tam brings up a good alternative with the BOGE atomizers... I have a few of those as well, which I use for sampling flavors, or when I want a quick-hit and don't want (or can't get to) a full tank/battery rig. I also use their caromizers (same thing, but with a Rayon material to hold juice) when I'm cutting grass or working on the vehicle... so I don't run the risk of damaging one of my more expensive rigs, and don't have to deal with the weight of a tank and bigger battery :)

Tam brings up a good alternative with the BOGE atomizers... I have a few of those as well, which I use for sampling flavors, or when I want a quick-hit and don't want (or can't get to) a full tank/battery rig. I also use their caromizers (same thing, but with a Rayon material to hold juice) when I'm cutting grass or working on the vehicle... so I don't run the risk of damaging one of my more expensive rigs, and don't have to deal with the weight of a tank and bigger battery :)

I still keep a couple of 5-packs of BOGE atomizers around as back ups should I run out of my supply of HH.357s. The one HH.357 that I use for fruit juices has been working well over a year now, but then again it doesn't get as much of a workout like the ones I use for my ADV. :)

i just saw that kanger came out with a sub ohm tank now that is a hybrid... it comes with both a replaceable coil, and a rebuildable coil deck with a pre-made pair of coils on the deck and rebuild materials...

thing is rather large though...not sure I would want a tank that large...