Aspire Atlantis

Mplough

Picked up an Atlantis over the Thanksgiving Holiday. I haven't done any rebuildables yet so my experience is limited to prebuilt coils. I have a DOVPO that is 30W max and a Nautilus and could only run the wattage up to 15W max before burning my juice. I loaded up the Atlantis, primed the coil, fired up DOVPO to 30W and was blown away at the heat and vapor this thing puts out.

Then I noticed that the air hole was at the smallest setting, which is the largest setting on the Nautilus. So I maxed it out and holy crap! My wife walked in the house 5 minutes later and our living room looked like a smoke filled bar.

Since last week I have upgraded the DOVPO to a Sigelei V2, 100W and the can run the Atlantis up to 40W depending on the liquid.

The stock .5 Ohm is twice the size of the Nautilus coil. When you look inside the coil you can see the spiraled coil and the filler.

I used Vaping Rabbits, White Rabbit which is stated to be 99% VG, wicked and vaped with no problems. Nice clouds and not dry hit at 30W through 2 tanks. I really like the oversized adjustable air flow. The tank is well machined and smooth. My ONLY complaint is the tank capacity is only 2ml. In my opinion if this tank held 4-6ml it would be the perfect non-rebuildable sub-ohm tank, maybe Aspire will do that on the next model and call it the Neptune.
Cleaning coils on this one is a breeze. I recommend some grain alcohol and a jar of Talenti Sea Salt Caramel gelato. Now, you can substitute the gelato but I wouldn't advise it.

The first thing is to open the Talenti and have a bowl full. Depending upon you level of gluttony it make take a few servings to empty the container. Afterward clean it and pour in some of the cheapest grain alcohol you can find. Soak the coil for 30 minutes to an hour, apply the lid, shake, remove and blow out. I just put the end in my mouth a blow a couple of lung-fulls through. If you have COPD you may want someone else to do it.

If your last juice was really potent you may need to repeat.
Not a professional review by any means but hope it helps.

Edited by Mplough

Not a professional review by any means but hope it helps.

Thanks for a great review! I think the gelato part made the whole review.

If my jouney into RTA's doesn't work out I may have to pick one of these up!

I am like you and just got my first big electronic mod. I have a couple of mechanicals, but the electronic gives you so many more options. I just got the IPV3 and did the 165 watt upgrade. I built a .23 ohm build of 26ga twisted just to see what 100 watts feels like. 100 watts wasn't as bad as I expected. 150 was getting a little hot. I could only take short drags, less than a second. 165 was even worse. I can never see myself using much over 50 watts. My All Day Vape tastes terrible in anything but tanks (Nautilus). My dripping juices are good, but I only like them sparingly. I am sick of it tonight, running it in my Billow, and My RDA. I may not touch it for a week.

Follow up from my initial review. I am still on the same coil that came installed in the tank. That's almost a month! Once again my only complaint is having to fill the thing up constantly.

I did however find an interesting video review,

Enjoy!

Edited by Mplough

I'm not liking the flavor from this Atlantis. I taste noting but sweet, and very little flavor. I'm hoping a rebuilt coil will help, but so far I'm not feeling the love for this tank. I think the Nautilus has much better flavor.

Well you and I have discussed this. Maybe the problem isn't 90%+ VG, maybe it's the tank. I have a Nautilus but I can't get it above 12watts without scorching my juice. Also I have become spoiled on the air flow of the Aspire. I have no other sub ohm tanks to compare it to though.

It much easier to understand some things when you have it in hand. The Juice I was using is a 30pg/70vg mix. The first hit or two was great, after that just sweet. I don't have that problem with the Nautilus or my Kayfun for that matter. I also know that too much airflow can cause a loss of flavor. This Atlantis didn't seem to matter. It was like that on even the lowest air setting.

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines