My first mod of a mod!

jasonculp

I know it isn't much, but I finally got the stuff to replace the 510 on my MPV. Overall it wasn't too difficult, except re soldering the wire to the top cap.

I wish I had taken pictures of the modification, but I didn't.

It was fun and only took about an hour, well it really took 2 but an hour of that was finding my tools.

Thanks joejoevapekill!

BDM53ENT, I just replaced the standard 510 with a spring loaded recessed one that I got here: http://www.varitube.com/510-Connector--Self-adjusting-Center-Pin--14mm-22mm-285mm_p_141.html I am like you though. I use my iSticks and my nautilus mini's most of the time. I bought a new Billow RTA and was going to run it on the MPV. Then I twisted off for Black Friday/Cyber Monday and got a IPV3, so the MPV will now go back to my glovebox back up.

I really like that! I would love a flush mount tank on mine so I might give it a shot. Ill have to wait until my son come homes for Christmas as he is the solder king. I would take it to the shop and put a welder to it but for some reason I dont think that will work LOL.

I really like that! I would love a flush mount tank on mine so I might give it a shot. Ill have to wait until my son come homes for Christmas as he is the solder king. I would take it to the shop and put a welder to it but for some reason I dont think that will work LOL.

I like it. Here is the instructions I used: http://imgur.com/a/rsSKu

I did it a little different though, I didn't clip the wires, in step 4 I unsoldered them. I also used a drill to drill the top off of the rivet.

In step 6, I used a 9.5mm drill bit and drilled the hole out. I also used a M10x.5 tap to tap it out. After I test fitted the new 510, i removed it and soldered the gray wire back to the top cap. Then I slid the retainer on the white wire, then the spring, then soldered the center pin to the white wire. Reassembling the the 510 connector inside the tube of the MVP was one of the trickiest parts. I also put a small drop of blue loctite on the top most few threads of the 510 before I assembled it.

If y'all get ready to do it and have any questions let me know. I wasn't too difficult.

I really wanted to try this to see if I had the patients to do a complete mod build (assembly) I want to use the Hana style enclosures on FastTech and put good buttons and a genuine DNA30 in it.