Innokin Cool Fire 1 won't vape, and I cant figure out why...

Hey out there!

I've been looking all over the internet to see if there was a problem like this, but I haven't had any success. I have a Cool Fire 1, and I can get it to "turn on" and have an output without any tank on. However, with the tank on, the mod wont even switch on. I have two different tanks that should work, as well as two different 18350 and a 18650 battery, and I have tried all combinations without any success.

The mod has been used on and off for a year now, and I am thinking of upgrading to a variable mod anyways. I still want to see if this is fried or not. Thanks for the help!

Not being familiar with the Cool Fire, I'm just guessing here. Is there a floating pin on the 510 connector? If so, that pin might've gotten pushed down and isn't making contact with the coil in your tanks. Take a paper clip or needle and gently push the sides of the center pin to pull it up a little. Even though this video is for an eGo battery, it's the same fix.

Not being familiar with the Cool Fire, I'm just guessing here. Is there a floating pin on the 510 connector? If so, that pin might've gotten pushed down and isn't making contact with the coil in your tanks. Take a paper clip or needle and gently push the sides of the center pin to pull it up a little. Even though this video is for an eGo battery, it's the same fix.

It was this! Thank you so much

Innokin iClear 30B and iClear X.1. Both 2.1 ohms, 30B came with the kit. Also have replacement 1.5 ohm coils, but I am certain that the coils are fine.

I just wanted to make sure that you weren't using a rebuildable with a resistance of under 1Ω. According to some online information I found about the Cool Fire 1, it's minimum load resistance is 1Ω.

Glad it was a simple fix. :yes

At 3.7v, that may not be enough to fire a 2.1 ohm coil quickly. Try hitting the power button for just a second or so and then take a draw. Either that, or pop in a 1.5 ohm coil to see if that works better. With 3.7v, the 1.5 ohm coil should work better.

I would agree, or if you have a fresh battery put that in. Your volts are low, it should still fire. Other wise I would have to say like others the pin in the Tank and the unit are not making contact. Try sliding the pin on your tank down a bit. If you pull the pin up to far on the unit it could brake the wire connecting to the pin.

What tanks do you have? Sorry if you already mentioned that I missed it. :)

That is why I asked in case you had already broke that connection. I have an IClear30 here on my desk and it did the same as yours with the pin pushed to far into the base. I pulled it down till it was just above the base and tried again and it worked fine. I do not have an X.1 to see if it also has an adjustable pin.