How can you tell if a juice is too old to use?

Patricia

As my juices get older they get darker and better tasting. I have juices that were see through when I bought them but now, 6 months later, they are as dark as black coffee. I don't know how many juices I opened and tried when they got here or even a month later and did not like them so I put them in a "give to the kids" drawer. Then I'll be looking through the drawer for something and decide to give it another try, even though it has now turned black, and I love it. I guess there is a fine line between steeping and juice going bad. They say 1 year is when juices expire. How do you know if it has expired? Does it start tasting bad?

I have never had any long enough to expire but I would think the minimum would be 1 year but most likely more. I grabbed an old bottle of Unicorn Blood that is almost a year old and filled a tank last week and dam does it taste different, much better than before.

I would think there is not a timeframe and liquids will not "ruin" like milk or the likes but I read the nicotine will degrade over time resulting in lower nic levels than what the bottle states.

I could be wrong on all the above just sayin.

Ya B, you see what I was talking about. The longer the juice sits up somewhere it just gets better and better. I did not know that about the nicotine though. By the way. HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I hope you are feeling better.

Ya B, you see what I was talking about. The longer the juice sits up somewhere it just gets better and better. I did not know that about the nicotine though. By the way. HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I hope you are feeling better.

I am definitely. Neurologist ruled out all the really bad stuff and thinks I have shingles that manifested itself by attacking my #5 nerve in my head. If so, it should just go away. Still feel like I have been to the dentist every day all day on the right side of my face. Just the past few days I have started to feel a little itching and tingling which is good, and means hopefully I am on the way to getting my feeling back.

Yes, how it is stored is is the biggest factor in it going bad. I have some Juice that I had when my B&M open 5 years ago and most of it still tastes fine. I have had a couple that were not so good and taste was the only way of telling. It did not taste rancid just not so good. So long as you keep it in a cool dark place capped, it should be fine for at least 1 year or longer. If it tastes funny, dump it.

Having said that, I have had juice go bad in a matter of days that was left out in my car during the summer. Heat is a juice killer.

I had some 618 that I bought close to a year before (this was back when I was really having trouble with juices I used to vape still tasting "right" or tasting "good" to me because I had slight taste change after seizures). I had gotten a, I think 50 ml bottle before I went off the taste. My SO was running out of his 618, so I gave him this older bottle (he goes through ALMOST as much juice as I do on a monthly basis, but I'm pretty sure I go through more - I used to, and now I'm going through even more since I got the Zmax V5 this week because it's easier to just sit and hold in my hand, but I'm going off topic). Anyway, the bottle was between 9 - 11 months old (I can't remember how long ago I gave it to him). It was nice and steeped. It was strong, wasn't bad at all. It had been sitting closed up in my vape case all that time.

Then again, it may have STARTED with the seizure that started putting me off the 618, but I ended up kind of going off every one of the flavors of juice of purchased from that B&M (sadly, because they are so affordable), ironically, one of them after finishing just half of a 120 ml bottle that I purchased.

Come to think of it, I have, frankly, a butt ton of juices that are sitting in box, some over a year old, that I need to get rid of, that I don't like the taste of anymore.