Needing suggestions.

rlfracing

Ok, I've been vaping now for about 3 weeks and have been doing pretty good at it. I'm still smoking a couple analogs as everyone here seems to be calling them. I want to do away with them completely. I've been vaping 12mg of nicotine and liking it for the most part. Still at times not feeling completely satisfied with it. Should I go up in nicotine amount or get a vapor that has a little more power than what my little evod has? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Rob

Your EVOD is fine... your nicotine level is most likely the issue. If you smoked anywhere near a pack a day, 18mg will be the bare minimum you'll require to get through the craving times (morning, before bed, after meals, etc.). If you smoked more than a pack a day, it would not hurt to try 24mg juices too...

Nicotine is NOT the problem, so don't feel bad if you have to have higher levels to fight through the cravings!

Also, using a higher VG% juice will produce more vapor, which many people find to also ease the transition, because you get the sensation of smoking (thicker vapor production). Higher VG will also reduce the throat hit (TH), so your draw will not be as "harsh".... this is a good thing for higher nicotine levels.

Earthling is wise... :)

I, too, would suggest going up to at least 18 mg of nic.

When I used to smoke I'd go through a pack of Marlboro Lights per day. That's roughly around 12 mg of nic equivalent. When I started vaping, I used 24 mg to get me off analogs. After a few months I went down to 18, then to 12. For the most part I vape 12 mg on a regular basis but keep 24 mg juice for those days when I need more or can't vape as much. At night I switch down to 6 mg so I can sleep easier but then that's because I also tend to chain vape in the evenings. You'll find what works best for you with a little trial and error. :)

I totally agree with Earthling and Tameki. Your current goal is to get off of cigarettes. If it takes 24mg. Go for it, don't let it bother you!

I have been free of analogs for a few months now and still use 24mg. It is working great, very few cravings, so I am not taking any chances! Also don't beat yourself up too much, set a goal and head for it!

One thing I should have probably mentioned too... I will assume you're using the standard EVOD battery (3.7V), so I will recommend you use a 1.5 or 1.8 Ohm coil for best results (or at least better results). When I use my eGo-style (non-variable-voltage) batteries, I tend to stick with 1.5 Ohm coils for most of my juices (some juices prefer using 1.8 Ohm). Any higher resistance (Ohms), and your Wattage (power) is diminished, and your vape is less satisfying :)

The coils that I have are 1.8 ohms. The e-liquid I have is a 60/40 mix. 60 pg and 40 vg. So if I'm understanding this right. I need to go higher on vg than pg? What brands of that mixture or brands would be recommended? Thank you for the help.

1.8 Ohm coils are probably fine, but if you want a "hotter" vape, try 1.5 Ohm. If your liquid is 60/40, that is probably just fine, too... VG is what produces the vapor, so if you are looking for more vapor, then you'd want to go higher VG content.

Many of the larger online stores offer juices in different PG/VG ratios to suit your needs. PG is what carries flavor and creates throat-hit. If you want more TH, go higher on PG... same for flavor... if you want more flavor, you should go higher PG. Ratios from 70/30 to 30/70 seem to be where most of us gravitate. To me, 100% VG tastes like a glycerine bar (nasty), so I try to stay in the 50/50 juices as my lowest PG ratios (although I do have some 30/70 and 20/80 juices)... and my daily vape is actually a 60/40 :) Juices are a give-and-take... better flavors are found in higher PG ratios, and better vapor is found in higher VG ratios... and most "commercial" juices are 70/30 to 50/50 ratios, mostly to maintain flavor.... because unless you are a "cloud-chaser", flavor is what makes your vaping experience more enjoyable.

YEp!!! Many smart people replying here! I as well would suggest a higher nicotine level, at least for the moments where your weaker strength isn't satiated your Nic craving. The point is to wean yourself so you don't want to up in strength, but the momentary relapses are fine :)

I had the same problem making the switch to vaping and not feeling the satisfaction.I've been vaping for about a year or so now and I was thinking the other day that I haven't even thought about a cigarette in a very long time.Stick to it,you'll be glad you did down the road.