New and have noob qusetions

Mplough

Can anyone answer this question about back/after taste?

First a brief reason why I vape:

I'm a cigar smoker, quality cigars not machine made, blunts or any of that. Quit smoking back in 1999, was a 1-2 pack a day guy, Marlboro Mediums. I quit cold turkey and was completeyly off them for 2 years and one day had an urge for something. I picked up a Fuente 858, lit it, puffed away and loved it and have been smoking premium cigars since 2001. I'm not an inhaler, premium cigars are for taste, aroma, etc.

My wife started vaping trying to quit smoking. I tried her ecig and smoked it like I would a cigar. It tasted like corn syrup to me. We found a place that has 50+ flavors, customizable including nic amount. Theirs taste less like corn syrup so I figured what the hell I'll buy a kit and give it a shot.

The problem:

Their ejuice is 50/50 VG/PG. I'm using a Vamo at 9-10 watts depending on what cloud I want and a couple of different tanks, so for the Nautilus Aspire is my favorite.
With that said I have found that if I blow vapor like smoking a cigar (in and out of the mouth) I'm ok. However I have noticed that the ejuice consistency
versus cigar smoke makes me more likely to exhale some of the vapor through my nose. When I do that I get this burnt tire smell and taste and only when I exhale through my nose. This isn't a dry hit problem because the flavor is fine otherwise. All of the shops flavors have that same effect and it occurs with any tank I use including my wife's.

Can anyone tell me what the hell it is? Is it the PG or VG. I tried another ejuice online and theirs has a different effect and it's more rancid and gives me a headache. The online order doesn't state what the mix is. The person at the local shop told me the online company may be using a perfumed essential oil in their mix.

I know that ecigs will never match the cigar experience and I will never completely ditch cigars but I am trying to create something I can deal with, cut cost and use during work hours and places where I don't want to smell like a cigar or don't have 1-3 hours to smoke.

Can anyone enlighten me on what might be the problem?

Thanks

Mike

The local shop is 3mg. The online store 6mg. I just tried my wifes again. She just went to 16mg on her new batch and I have now noticed that taste/smell is gone. I think the nicotine is covering up the problem. I will say that exhaling through the nose with her 16mg stings a bit. It's funny to talk smoking with cigarette smokers, not inhaling miffs them a bit.

LOL I'm a Vaper not a smoker ;) Cigars were not meant to be inhaled unless you want to turn green. :D There are differing qualities of PG/VG and that does make a difference in the taste. High NIC will burn out the nose and so will high PG. Your issue is a new one to me anyway. I have not experienced it before, but some others may have.

Well I am still searching for a suitable juice. Any suggestions? I have tried Alcazar Cigar from a place called want2vape. The blend wasn't on the bottle but I see they do list it on their website, 65/35 PG/VG.

It has a different taste/smell when exhaled through the nose. I just reloaded a clean spare tank with the online blend (65PG/35VG) and noticed that if I vape at 10 watts it pops when I fire it up, I lowered it to 7 watts and am vaping the same amount of cloud production as the local blend that's 50/50 at 10 watts. Also the online blend isn't as bad on the nose at 7 watts. Looks like I answered my own questions but I'm guessing that you vape at a lower wattage the less VG you have.

I'm still getting a slight headache from the online blend though. Looks like the local blend has something in the juice that I don't like the taste of and the online blend has something that gives me a headache.

Guess I just need to sample some different vendors.

I vape between 50/50 for some flavors 100VG for my dripper and that is in a Mech. I run my VAMO at 15 watts The popping can be a few different things. I would say in your case. If it is a slight rattle snake sound, nothing to worry about so much. If it is a hard pow type of pop then it is the juice, lower your wattage.

I don't have any good suggestions for Cigar flavors. I personally do not have one in my line of E-Liquids either.

I smoked cigars for 30 years, and so far, the best cigar flavor I've found is "Liqua" by Ritchie... Cuban Cigar flavor. It's a 70/30 blend, but you can mix with other flavors (like Vanilla) at higher VG ratios to make your blends 60/40 or 50/50. I really like it mixed 4:1:1 Cuban Cigar, Very Vanilla, and Black Cherry. It has a smooth flavor, and sweet exhale... almost Swisher Sweet because of the Black Cherry. Seattle Vapor has a Black-and-Mild flavor that some say is pretty good, but to me it was a bit pipe-like flavor... more aroma than flavor...

Thanks for the tip, checking it out now. What nic level are you at?

You're welcome...

I vary Nicotine level between devices, as some devices deliver vapor "better", lol. For tanks like Kanger/Aspire, I generally run 18mg. For my Russian 91% RTAs, I vary from 12mg to 15mg, and for my RDA, I run 6mg at the most, usually 3mg. I also run 3mg or 6mg in a tank or RTA about an hour or two before I go to bed... it gradually tapers me off the Nicotine, which helps me sleep better (longer), and I'm less likely to wake up with dehydration headaches (like a hangover) or with massive cravings :)

• 2 weeks later...

Question answered.

After trying probably over 60 flavors made by various manufacturers this weekend I have figured out what the awful taste is I am experiencing in most e juice. It's anything made with a butter, milk cream/creme or custard flavor. Needless to say, I don't like dairy flavors in my juice!

I am amazed at how many flavors have this as an additive. I tried something that was supposed to me lemonade and about gagged. The clerk says, "Yeah that's more of a lemonade creme".

So, over to the DIY section to start making my own.

I'm not a fan of cream either... most of the "commercial" juices I've tried tend to over-kill the cream flavors, or they taste like sour butter-milk (and dirt) in the back of my throat.

I must say, Comp's juices which have cream don't taste like that... they have a sweet, whip-cream flavor, which is a pleasant surprise... no over-kill, no burnt after-taste. I've had a few others that were decent cremes, but like I said, the vast majority are not pleasant.

I am going to look into making my own but really would rather find some 'professional' made that I like. Unfortunately I'm not having much luck and ordering off the internet just seems like a waste of money at this point. Trail and error is such a pain in the ***.

I'm a big supporter of DIY Juice. I just want to make sure you do it safely.

As an added note, there are very few in my line that have Cream, Butter, or Milk.

Out my 40+ flavors, the only ones at this point contain Cream, Butter, or Milk are:

Hydras Delight

Strawberry Waffle

Buttered Popcorn

I must admit I have not taste tested all the flavors with the Fadora Blend added. You may want to just order some of the Fadora blend separately to add to flavors you order, then taste test it your self in a small amount. I'm my opinion Tobacco is a wild card when it come to adding it as a flavor. Could be fantastic to you and be crap to me. I have long since gone past tobacco flavors.

It is different with everyone. As your taste buds heal things will taste different. Most vapors start out with tobacco flavors and then after a few months drop them completely. I only know a few people that vape the tobacco flavors but they just like it and that is fine. I would hate to see you order 30mls of a flavor that taste bad because of adding the tobacco flavor. Tell you what, Since it is Cyber Monday order what you like and I will add a free sample of the Fadora Blend that you can add to what you order. That way you can try it straight and/or add a bit to other flavors you order. Just make a note in the comments on your order and I will add it.