What's Your 18350 Battery Of Choice For Powering Rebuildables?

Rixter

I know that most mech-modders prefer high output 18650s to power their RBAs/RDAs, but I've got a couple of telescopic mechs that I'd prefer to keep short. I own a couple of AW IMR 18350s, but their power pales in comparison to my high amp 18650s (or any 18650 I have, for that matter). I typically build my coils to around 1-1.2Ω.

gallery_15088_188_61767.jpg

So which 18350 would you recommend?

I don't use them so mine is only a guess.

I usually don't use them in mine either, but I need something a little more compact for use at work, without sacrificing performance.

My Provari mini is the only one I use an 18350 for and I only use it with a KPT2 and 1.8 ohm coil so I don't need anything high performance for that. My AW IMR 18350 is fine for that. If anything, though, I'd like to get longer battery life than the 700 mAh. Guess I'm going to have to invest in an extension so I can use my Panasonic 18650 3400 mAh in it...

Sorry, Rix. No help here. :(

After a quick search it seems the AW IMRs are the most preferred that I found at 800mha and high drain rated.

AW IMR 18350 Specifications :

Nominal Voltage : 3.7V
Capacity : 800mAh
Lowest Discharge Voltage : 2.50V
Standard Charge : CC/CV ( max. charging rate 0.8A )
Cycle Life : > 500 cycles
Max. continuous discharge rate : 12A
Operating Discharge Temperature : -10 - 60 Degree Celsius
Dimensions : 18.15 x 34.82 (+/-0.05)mm

I am no help either, but would like to know the answer too! I bought a couple of Xtar and later found out that they are only rated at 7amps my go to build is .4ohms. So this is a no go. I have seen the purple Efests and they are said to be rated at 10.5 amps. This is right at my limit and have read they exaggerate their amperage claims. I really like the size of the 4nine with the 18350's and would like to use it.

I have really quit using my drippers, it is just too much trouble. I only use them in the evenings sitting in my recliner. I enjoy the experience I get from them, but sometimes it isn't worth the added effort.

I use older generation AW 18350 and my usual tank build is around 1ohms.
The AW that Comp posted is the newer 18350. I would a few of these for the higher mAh

After a quick search it seems the AW IMRs are the most preferred that I found at 800mha and high drain rated.

AW IMR 18350 Specifications :

Nominal Voltage : 3.7V
Capacity : 800mAh
Lowest Discharge Voltage : 2.50V
Standard Charge : CC/CV ( max. charging rate 0.8A )
Cycle Life : > 500 cycles
Max. continuous discharge rate : 12A
Operating Discharge Temperature : -10 - 60 Degree Celsius
Dimensions : 18.15 x 34.82 (+/-0.05)mm