Hello Vapor Talk

Nimic13

Also have a Question. i just got a Orchid( yeah its a clone) but from what iv heard the clone actually out does the original haha anyways i have been vaping on Fiasco by Vigneron Vapory and wanted to know if Corkscrew by them would crack my tank? a buddy of mine has had it in his kayfun clone for some time now and never a problem. Not sure if it matters but im running it at 1.0ohm on my Hana Modz mini V3. any info will help!

Welcome to VT. :wave:

Orchid RBA is fantastic. I like them so much, I now have 5 of them and a V4 on the way.

I do not how they compare to the originals, but Tobeco clones work for me.

So far I have been lucky with tanks not breaking when vaping known tank crackers, but one of these days, I know my luck will run out.

I bought stock spare tanks for them just to be prepared. Taifun nano tanks work great too, it gives me an extra ml or so in capacity.

Welcome again, and vape on. :punk:

Welcome...

Tank-crackers are just that... they degrade the plastic of the tank, chemically. Be it polycarbonate, acrylic, or lexan, it is not a matter of IF, but a matter of WHEN. Pyrex is the only sure way to avoid tank-crackers from eating their way out of the tank, but on the Kayfun/Russian/Orchid, plastic is the norm we have to live with, unless you upgrade to after-market Pyrex in M-form-factor or Nano-form-factor... but they have their own issues with poor quality glass, inconsistent sizes, threading, etc.

I don't regularly vape tank-crackers in my Russians, but I keep one dressed in all stainless (without the pretty plastic window) for just such juices. Not seeing the juice is not a huge deal, as I can tell when I'm running low by the way it vapes, and fill-ups are pretty simple, as I use a syringe (or needle-bottle with 4ml intervals marked on the side) to deposit a measured 4ml into the tank each time :)

i just wanted to vape on corkscrew but if it will risk my tank cracking/ruining it them ill just avoid it. also with blue raspberry flavors(such as smurf piss) would that be an issue? iv been using RDA's for ever so this whole "tank crackers" is new to me haha. any info helps. thanks!

Tank-crackers are cinnamon, mints, menthol, and heavy citrus juices. I have no idea what is in "corkscrew", so I can't answer that one... but I regularly vape raspberry/cranberry mix, and have used it in a plastic tank without issues.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question: Can you use a RDA on an APV ????

Yes, but there are limitations... Most regulated APVs will not fire a coil below 1.2 (like a Vamo) or 0.8 Ohms (Innokin MVP). Plus, there are voltage/wattage limitations as well as limitations on the battery (especially if you're using cheap 18650's).

Bottom line, if you're not sub-ohming, and use good equipment, it is very possible.

Yes, but there are limitations... Most regulated APVs will not fire a coil below 1.2 (like a Vamo) or 0.8 Ohms (Innokin MVP). Plus, there are voltage/wattage limitations as well as limitations on the battery (especially if you're using cheap 18650's).

Bottom line, if you're not sub-ohming, and use good equipment, it is very possible.

So I have a question about the batteries on the vamo? I bought a new pack of welltop button top 18650 batteries and it says slow discharge?? So I get the discharge of the batteries for firing a coil should be able to discharge quick.. (fast discharge) these however say slow discharge? Will that matter in use with the vamo apv because it's basically has a regulator In the unit? Or am I mistaken? I'm unsure about the difference between the two types in reference to vaping.. But can pretty sure that I should be finding out before vaping anything else besides what comes with the vamo thing is I have these charging and am hoping to pop them in as soon as I open the box I'm waiting on from fasttech for almost a month now [emoji12]

The kanger Protank series in general are a good setup worth it to me.. I'm definitely going to be keeping mine... There are new replacement dual coils out but I prefer to rebuild mine with cotton and coil I think it is an affordable starting tank that can grow with your vaping journey as you want to move up to stronger batteries ect. If you think you might consider Dripping you always have a decent tank to handle the power.. Even buying coils in a bulk Manor if not rebuilding them is cost effective.. There's the nautilus aspire and now the Atlantis as well. I wasn't thrilled with the draw personally on the nautilus aspire but new coils are out and there pretty good.. Kayfun would be a step into the tank world that's easy to rebuild after some research.. But you need to really research what you are doing if your rebuilding coils of any kind and get an ohm meter...