Innokin VTR Pro's Vs Con's

Mirage

Hey everybody, I'm really thinking about buying one of these and I would like to hear what others think about them. I personally love the design. So, some pros vs cons if you may please... I trust you guys and gals more than you know...

Thanks, Jimbo

At the top of the page click on the little magnifying glass and type in "VTR". You'll get several links to other discussions on this subject. Not putting you off, but I think what others have said before might be some valuable insight for you. :)

At the top of the page click on the little magnifying glass and type in "VTR". You'll get several links to other discussions on this subject. Not putting you off, but I think what others have said before might be some valuable insight for you. :)

Thank you Tameiki. I kinda already did that. The ones I found seemed to be talking about problems they have had. I guess Im kinda looking for thoughts on the V2. I've only spoke to one person that owned one and he loved his before he started driping from what he told me. But he is also the owner of the only B&M in my county.

I will go back and just search "VTR" this time and see what I can find...

Thank you,

Jimbo

The V2 has a fixed "wheel" where the tank screws into it. That's a major improvement (imo) from the V1, which I have. The threads on the V1 strip too easily from all accounts I've heard. Thankfully, mine still works the way it should.

I love my VTR. It's a very consistent and reliable APV, fits in the hand comfortably, can be used as a heavy weapon if needed... :evil: All in all, in my experience, it's a very good APV that works amazingly well. And that's my two cents. :)

Thank you Tameiki. That is the kinda answer I was looking for. I guess I should have just asked for the pro's instead. I know about the con's of the first version. I'm about to drop 200 dollars on the vtr, two batts, and a charger. I just want to make sure Im getting something that will help me stop smoking. And that will last at least a year before I have to replace it.

One more question for you...do you use flat top or button top batts? I have read that the button tops can put presure on the batterys door and make it pop open by its self ???

Jimbo

The VTR will be my next regulated APV purchase (when my MVP dies). My favorite feature is the side-mount of the tank, which makes it more compact, overall, and the tank is more protected. It is also nice that the Nautilus and ProTank/AeroTanks fit the ring! I've read where people use button-top (mostly Panasonic) batteries just fine with it, and several people have indicated using Sony VTC4 or 5's with it (flat-top) just fine, too. Either is fine with me, as I have both 3400mAh Panasonic and 2100mAh Sony VTC4's :)

I've only used Panasonic 18650, 3400 mAh flat top batteries in mine so I can't say if the button tops make the door pop open. I highly doubt that it would, though, since the door clicks closed and you have to push a little lever to open but I could be wrong.

You know, if you want something to help you stop smoking...in my personal opinion...I would spend that $200 on at least two Vision Spinner II batteries, a couple of chargers, AC adapters, two or three tanks and several 5-packs of coils and a couple of sample packs of juice. That's a lot more equipment just in case something goes wrong with one or more things. With just the VTR, you're putting all your eggs into one basket. What happens if you drop it and it breaks? Do you have a back up for it? What if your back up won't work? Do you have a back up for your back up? Just some things for you to think about. If you have back ups, that's great. Go for the VTR.

I have a VTR that works great. It doesn't get used very much though. I much prefer using my Vision Spinners. They're cheaper, they're very reliable, give consistent performance, and they're easy to use on the go. The VTR gets a little clunky when you need to be out and about. :)

I didn't catch the part about this being your first rig... so I will have to agree with Tam on her statement...

If you're just starting out, a minimum of two batteries, two tanks, and spare coils is the BEST starter-kit. For what you'd spend on the VTR (alone), you could buy two MVP's or 3-4 variable-voltage eGo-style batteries (Spinners or Twists)!

I would not suggest anyone starting out to drop $75-100 on a VTR, and then add in $40 in batteries, and a $15-40 charger :) Vision Spinners (V1 or V2), Kanger EVOD (or EVOD Twist), or just a simple eGo-T (which are my backups to my backups) are all great batteries.

Save some bucks to help you dial in on your tank of preference, juice(s) of preference, and find your "happy place" BEFORE dropping big bucks towards an APV. I'm not trying to discourage you from the VTR, at is a great device... I'm just trying to save you some $ so you'll be able to explore more juices and tanks, to find what you like best, first!

My thoughts too, after re-reading, Tam... Either way, with a few eGo-style now or later, I would suggest having a couple of those first, or at least having those before moving to a VTR... so they can become back-ups :) It's all about the back-ups :)

Just this weekend (while 3 hours from home), my MOD had "issues" with consistent firing, my MVP was drained to charge my cell-phone, and without a couple of eGo-T's in my pack... I would have been stuck! Thankfully, I had 2 back-ups for my back-up!!

:yes You can never have too many back ups, but you can...not have enough of them. I've also been in positions where my back ups failed. Thankfully, I had a couple of back ups for my back ups so they got me through. I would hate for anyone to only have one thing and then have something happen to it without having a back up standing by. :D

Edited by Tameiki

The VTR will be my next regulated APV purchase (when my MVP dies). My favorite feature is the side-mount of the tank, which makes it more compact, overall, and the tank is more protected. It is also nice that the Nautilus and ProTank/AeroTanks fit the ring! I've read where people use button-top (mostly Panasonic) batteries just fine with it, and several people have indicated using Sony VTC4 or 5's with it (flat-top) just fine, too. Either is fine with me, as I have both 3400mAh Panasonic and 2100mAh Sony VTC4's :)

Earthling, thank you for your thoughts. I also love the side mount ! I really want a box and something I can put in my pocket. And also thank you for the batt info. Its much needed on this end!!!... Oh also, keep that rubber on the ground...I ride myself brother...Well, I did till I laid it down and broke my left foot in two places. A plate and six screws later and here I am sitting, begging for info...lol... Its all good, Ill ride a trike if I have to...lol

Thanks bud,

Jimbo

If you want something to put into your pocket, a VTR will go there but it's going to pull that side down. You might want to also take a look at an MVP. It's a box mod but much lighter. The VTR is a heavy sucker. :)

Tameiki, thank you for your batt advice. I know nothing about them and your words are much needed. As far as pen style goes. I want to get away from them. I feel like Im going to break them just picking them up. I'm a big guy and I really do want something heavy. But, I knew you would say something about backups... I agree with you 100% I will always keep my little ego-t as a backup and I am really also thinking about getting one of those really little 350 mAh batterys with the smallest tank I can find also. As a last backup... Hell, Thats stealth vaping at its best...lol

Much Respect,

Jimbo

Ah, if you have a back up or two, then I'd say go for it and give the VTR a try. If you're worried about breaking something, you might also want to take a look at a mech mod or two. The Magneto with an 18650 battery, a tank like a KPT2 with a 1.8 ohm coil and you're set. You can use the same batteries that the VTR takes so you can switch them around. Magnetos can be gotten for around $40. They can be a good back up for your VTR. :)

Oh, and the Magneto is also a telescoping mod so you can put in a 18350 battery to make it more stealthy.

Edited by Tameiki

If you want something to put into your pocket, a VTR will go there but it's going to pull that side down. You might want to also take a look at an MVP. It's a box mod but much lighter. The VTR is a heavy sucker. :)

I've held both... With my luck, I would snap a tank with a mvp in s heartbeat...lol... Thats another reason Im wanting a vtr so much...It seems so compact and heafty at the same time...

But, your words of wisdom about backups is burned into my memory forever... because of you and only you...lol

God I love this forum!!!

Jimbo

The VTR is definitely a hefty and solid device. I love that it's got the ring to protect a tank. I've put a Nautilus mini in it but you have to keep the base off to get it through the ring, turn the whole thing upside down to screw the base onto the tank and then the tank onto the VTR. It works but it's a little bit of a pain to get it on.

Good to know that our words about back ups got through. All too often it falls on deaf ears. :)

I hope you're not in too much pain with your broken bones. Here's to healing quickly with no complications. :D

Ah, if you have a back up or two, then I'd say go for it and give the VTR a try. If you're worried about breaking something, you might also want to take a look at a mech mod or two. The Magneto with an 18650 battery, a tank like a KPT2 with a 1.8 ohm coil and you're set. You can use the same batteries that the VTR takes so you can switch them around. Magnetos can be gotten for around $40. They can be a good back up for your VTR. :)

Oh, and the Magneto is also a telescoping mod so you can put in a 18350 battery to make it more stealthy.

OMG...now I have something else to look up!!!... you little enabler...lol... Like I said though... I like the little pocket stuff. I'm 6'2" tall and my wife is 5'...See what I mean..lol

The VTR is definitely a hefty and solid device. I love that it's got the ring to protect a tank. I've put a Nautilus mini in it but you have to keep the base off to get it through the ring, turn the whole thing upside down to screw the base onto the tank and then the tank onto the VTR. It works but it's a little bit of a pain to get it on.

Good to know that our words about back ups got through. All too often it falls on deaf ears. :)

I hope you're not in too much pain with your broken bones. Here's to healing quickly with no complications. :D

I'm almost at 3 months post surgery. I walk with a limp and will for the rest of my life but Hell, at 46, Im just happy I still have a foot...lol...I do metal detecting as a hobby and I think I will still be able to do that...

OMG...now I have something else to look up!!!... you little enabler...lol... Like I said though... I like the little pocket stuff. I'm 6'2" tall and my wife is 5'...See what I mean..lol

Oops. I was $10 off but here's a link to some great mods. The K100 is another telescoping mod that's a clone of the famous (and expensive and ridiculously hard to get) Empire Mod. This one has springs instead of magnets like the Magneto but they're both very durable. My K100 has been through the ringer and is still working fine.

You're not the first nor will you be the last to call me an enabler. I like to think I'm just very helpful. Lol. :D

https://www.vaportalk.com/product-category/ecig-upgrades/mechanical-ecig-mods/

Haha, Tam is very good at helping people spend their money :devil::D

Hope you heal quickly, broken bones suck, especially over 40! I've been down in my youth. A few stitches and months of mom yelling... then 20 yrs without a bike... now I have three, and ride them as much as possible. You only live once, right?

As for switching to a trike... you may get along just fine with a heel-toe shifter? A co-worker of mine trashed her's in a ditch (after being pressed off the road by a road-rage driver) and shattered her right ankle. It took her 6-months to get back to walking, but a couple of months later she was riding again with a modified brake-pedal and stabilizing-brace for her ankle so she could us her heel, rather than toe. If you're having issues holding the weight of the bike, there's always lighter-weight models... just saying :) My NightHawk is only 400-lb (with tour-packs), which is less than half the weight of my full-dressed Sabre!

Haha, Tam is very good at helping people spend their money :devil::D

Hope you heal quickly, broken bones suck, especially over 40! I've been down in my youth. A few stitches and months of mom yelling... then 20 yrs without a bike... now I have three, and ride them as much as possible. You only live once, right?

As for switching to a trike... you may get along just fine with a heel-toe shifter? A co-worker of mine trashed her's in a ditch (after being pressed off the road by a road-rage driver) and shattered her right ankle. It took her 6-months to get back to walking, but a couple of months later she was riding again with a modified brake-pedal and stabilizing-brace for her ankle so she could us her heel, rather than toe. If you're having issues holding the weight of the bike, there's always lighter-weight models... just saying :) My NightHawk is only 400-lb (with tour-packs), which is less than half the weight of my full-dressed Sabre!

Yup... my V-Rod is I think somewhere around 800 lbs. It took 3 of us to pick it back up. They have a trike conversion for it and they really don't look to bad at all. I will have to get a toe/heal shifter for sure. All the work they did was through the top of my foot. Ill find something that works. Winters coming up so ill be putting it up for a few months anyway.

The trike conversions are pretty nice... a neighbor of mine has a Night Train with trike conversion that looks really good, although quite expensive :(

I ride year-round... as long as temps are above 20 and the roads are clear of ice/snow! It's amazing how a windshield, hand-deflectors (or bat-wing), and crash-bar-chaps keep you from freezing... and a snowmobile suit (or UA Cold-gear, fleece, and leather) with FF helmet doesn't hurt either! Someday, I'll break-down and buy heated grips and heated riding gear... I'm not a teenager anymore.

Two years ago, I made a run of 300+ miles to get home from the Nashville office, the week before Christmas... it was 50 when I left western TN, and 17 (and spitting snow) when I hit the driveway in eastern KY, and only my finger-tips were a bit numb. You should have seen the looks I was getting from cage-drivers on the Interstate that night (especially the ones I was passing) :D