I need advice on a new device!

I've been vaping on and off since 2009, last good stretch was from this past January until just recently when I picked up smoking again.

I started with your standard little 510 deal and it didn't work out. Then I came here and got some info and picked up something from Vaprlife and started dripping. This worked pretty well but caused a lot of grief in the workplace because nobody knew what vaping was and everyone thought I was smoking some weird drugs with a flashlight. So I went back to analogs for a while until I picked up an eGo, which was fine but didn't really cut it for me. Then back in January I started getting a very bad smokers cough and had a really bad sinus infection so I knew it was time to seriously get back into vaping, fortunately everyone at work now knows what vaping is and there are 2 other people vaping as well. I purchased a Vapor Zeus and a Tesla with 2 Kanger ProTanks. The Vapor Zeus worked well but the smileomizers seemed very inconsistent and I couldn't count on them. The Tesla is good but I broke both my tanks, I wasn't really impressed with them anyway, so now in the office I use the Tesla with regular 510 attys and I'm dripping but I keep bending them and I think I'll break the connection soon. When I'm out and about I'm smoking analogs again.

So now I'm trying to figure out what setup would work best for me and I'm hoping all you wonderful people can give me a hand because I am lost in the sea of mods that are currently available.

I need something tough because I do a lot of physical labor during the day, I'll have to figure out some sort of holster because keeping things in my pocket doesn't always end well. I need something that can last me through the day in case I can't get back to my office, so I should probably get a tank and I'm thinking that tank should be completely metal. I have some 18650 batteries already, but I would be willing to get something else if I need to. I'm not overly concerned about looks but I would prefer something simple, stainless steel or black, and I don't want any sort of box, I would love to have the tank and mod be the same diameter so it looks like one seamless device, that's not a deal breaker though. The most important thing is consistency, my days are stressful and I need to be able to get a good vape when I need one, if I can't get that I will go for the analogs and the smokers I work with are more than happy to oblige. Also I don't want to have to rebuild coils and all that, I'd like to be able to buy replacements that I can easily screw into a tank. So I guess to sum it up I need a tough, simple, consistent, (relatively) low maintenance setup.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

You sound like the perfect candidate for an Innokin VTR.

You already have experience, you already have 18650 batteries, and you only would need to pick up an all SS tank, like an AeroTank V2 or Nautilus (both fit nicely into the VTR)

They make some NICE leather and pleather holsters for the VTR, and with the tank being protected on the side, it will also fit in a back-pocket without fear of breaking the tank off the top (like a MOD, eGo-style or traditional box-style).

Just my $0.02 worth! :)

Since you already have some 18650s, want something seamless that goes with tanks, I would recommend a Kamry K100. It's a mechanical mod with springs on the buttons (not magnets). It's about as tough as I've seen or used. It's pretty hefty but that ensures it won't break anytime soon.

As for a good, reliable tank that can rival dripping with a 510 atomizer? Go with the full sized Aspire Nautilus. Get the stainless steel tank (separately) so it won't break. The tank that comes with it is made of Pyrex...not a good fit for you. Then, get several 5-packs of 1.5 or 1.6 or 1.8 ohm coils for the Nautilus MINI. The regular Nautilus coils is like the KPT single coils. The coils for the Nautilus MINI are vertical and, in my opinion, come very close to the same performance and flavor as direct dripping on my HH.357 atomizers. That's making a huge claim as the HH.357s are the very best atomizers I've ever tried. The most expensive, too, as the custom ones I use cost $25 each.

Hope that helps some. Others will be by to give you their suggestions soon, I'm sure. :)

You sound like the perfect candidate for an Innokin VTR.

That's what I thought...until I read the part where he said he's not interested in a box mod. :(

Yes, I saw that too... and even though the VTR is a box-style, the tank is protected and they're pretty bullet-proof performance that uses 18650 batteries :)

I didn't think I'd like a box-mod either, but I love my MVP... and if I were worried about being rough with it, a VTR would be my choice of equipment... and I'll likely replace my MVP with a VTR when the time comes to put the MVP out to pasture!

I forgot about the Kamry K100... also very hefty and durable, but with the only thing keeping the tank to MOD being a tiny 510 connection, and the size is not really "pocket-friendly"... I'll stick with suggesting the VTR, primarily for the side-mounted tank and regulated MOD up to 15W... sure it's a box, but it fits nicely in your hand (and pocket) and performs very well :)

You guys are awesome, thanks so much for the suggestions! I might be willing to get a box mod, if I can carry it easily and it does everything I need it to do then I shouldn't be overly concerned about the size or shape. It'd be better to carry a weird box for vaping than kill myself smoking!

I love my VTR! When I first got it I worried because of its weight. The APV also can double as a self protection device. Hit someone one the head with it and I guarantee they'll go down. lol

The Nautilus mini can fit into the VTR but you have to hold the APV upside down, put the tank through it first, THEN you screw in the bottom part. The bottom part won't fit inside the protective metal ring that helps hold the tank to the APV. Been there, done that. It's a pain to do but worth it to keep the Pyrex tank protected instead of using the extension.

What about a solid mech with an RBA? Now I dont know a lot about RBA but ive heard they hit somewhat like a dripper but have the tank aspect there so youre not constantly dripping throughout the day.

The mod itself gives you a wide range of choices but I would personally go with a recessed button so that if it gets banged up, the button has less chance to take damage and get stuck or whatnot.