Another Noob from OK

N5XTR

Like usual, I am trying to quit the old smoking habit (Camel Wides are/were my brand of choice) and starting to vape instead. I am in Oklahoma and I work on gas stations, specifically the pumps. So not smoking is a really wise choice, LOL.

Yesterday my wife and I got hooked up at a local Vape Shop with some decent products and juice. She got an adjustable pen with a tank and I got a mechanical dripper. I suppose since she smoked those weak Marlboro lights and I smoked the mega-Camels we ended up with what we purchased. I am not exactly sure what her pen is called by name but mine is a Hades combo with a 26650 battery. From the little searching online, I got a really great price on it compared to online merchants.

So what does everyone say? Pics or it didn't happen?

DSC_0762_zps545b0599.jpg

that would be a great start actually... if youre new to vaping jumping head on into dripping will definately be satisfying your urges. that being said, need to make sure all saftey aspects are set. I have the hades also and it was actualy my first mechanical mod. hope you like it but please be very careful when building to make sure nothing gets too hot or blows up etc.

Would you mind giving us the list of what you got? ohm reader. kenthal guage. wick type. tools battery specifications etc?

Just want to make sure youre well equiped for this since usualy dripping is further down the road into vaping haha dont get scared, its not as complicated as people make it out to be. as I said just wanna make sure youre as safe as can be!

Thanks guys,

Yes the Hades is my first real one. The Mark10 e-cig and the Blu (gas station e-cigs) were a severe disappointment so those really don't count.

As far as equipment goes, I am probably better equipped that the majority of folks. With my main hobby of Amateur Radio (Extra Class) I am extremely familiar with building coils like shunt coils, induction coils and air-wound resisters. I have a full array of volt/ohm meters and capacitance meters as well. Not to mention analyzers and ... well I did sell my oscilloscope but I don't think it would be necessary for coil building. I also worked in electronics repair for several years and got really good at replacing surface mount components.

Come to think of it, I should probably get started building a coil. The kit came with a small amount of kanthal wire more than likely 28ga and oh, two extra premade coils an some wick :)

youre clearly a few paces befpore my understanding of ohms law and everything else haha

Good to have someone who knows quite a bit actually!

I hope you didnt take it the wrong way or as if i was "babying" you, just dont want anything bad to happen! haha

cant wait to see some of your builds ! :P

If you go to the cloud chasing section there is a spot on there to post your coil builds and maybe get some ideas on what other people do that works for them. I'm sure any of us wouldn't mind throwing some tips your way as well. So that being said, welcome to VT. There is a great group of people here with a wealth of knowledge when it comes to vaping and I hope you stay off the cigarettes for good this time.

youre clearly a few paces befpore my understanding of ohms law and everything else haha

Good to have someone who knows quite a bit actually!

I hope you didnt take it the wrong way or as if i was "babying" you, just dont want anything bad to happen! haha

cant wait to see some of your builds ! :P

Nah I didn't take it that way. But I am a noob when it comes to vaping. Now if someone needs an antenna for 7 mhz, I am a pro at that.

Small world Jason, I lived in Lubbock for 12 years or so. Moved out of there 2 years ago. My wife's family is still there and my sister still lives there.