Think I've found my sweet spot.

Heldar

Well, its been several months. I cant even remember when I switched to vaping (I know it hasnt been that long, and Im fairly certain I have a sig that shows it, but the tapatalk app doesnt show it haha). But I think ive found my spot to sit at. Ive tried dripping and mech mods, and while ive had amazing vapes from them, the extra effort is more of an annoyance to me to be a payoff for now.

What I DO love are regulated mods and my russian. While I have 2 dna's (one clone, one original) I still dont even come close to using them to their full potential. Thats fine, im sure ill develop into the higher wattages. For now ill stick to 1.2 ohm builds and 14-15 watts.

I've been thinking what tp try next.. ive been eyeballing a REO, since maybe it will eliminate some of my annoyances with mech mods. Plus they look friggen epic. Also been eyeballing the rDNA to match up with the original vs I have (which is having its bat replaced... turns out a 8 foot drop os not so good for it lol). And finally I'm brainstorming ideas for what to get to compliment the Russian. The fogger looks like a good idea, but theres been so many good tanks out there im hesitant. Im looking at you, there, elkronigin. :D

And now that ive rambled long enough, id like some input from all of you fine folks. Money is tight for me, so I cant go head first into a lot of different toys just yet.

Edited by Heldar

Some times a person just needs to spend some time with what they gots and explore all the potential. Seems to be a lot of folks going from one device to another around here. I have been at this a long time and have found you can get a very good vape from most all the devices out there with the right liquid and technique.

Some times a person just needs to spend some time with what they gots and explore all the potential. Seems to be a lot of folks going from one device to another around here. I have been at this a long time and have found you can get a very good vape from most all the devices out there with the right liquid and technique.

Mcquinn is SPOT ON TARGET!

I started with eGo-style and cheap clearomizers... moved up to better Kanger tanks (lots of them), better eGo batteries, then added an MVP 2.0 to gain VV/VW and longer battery life between charges.

From there... I forced myself to stop buying new things and really explore juice and work on saving all that money I wasn't spending on smokes or new toys!

After 4 months of enjoying vaping (and pocketing savings), I decided to try RBA and bought two Mech MODs and two Russians... the next step was an RDA (and $30 for Kanthal and Japanese cotton), and I'm really happy with my Magma's flavor. Sure, I'd love to have a dozen more MODs and even more (and more) RBA/RDAs, but I don't "need" them... I just "want" them... and knowing the difference is why I've not spent thousands of dollars yet :D

If you're vaping to get away from smoking, a simple set-up is all you "need". I have one friend who's been vaping for 2 yrs and she has probably spent (not counting juices) <$200 on hardware... 3-4 Spinners and maybe half a dozen Vivi Nova tanks. Another person I gave my original starter kit to is still using it months later, and only added a Spinner-II, two Aerotanks, and a Nautilus to his arsenal of gear.

If you're chasing clouds, you can still do it on a budget set-up. A good quality Mech MOD, couple of quality batteries, charger, coil-building materials, and a quality RDA (or two) and you're all set ... just add juice :)

If you're really into the hobby aspect, you can easily drop thousands of dollars buying every shiny bit of hardware out there, but in the end, you wind up with a lot of toys on the shelf, as you'll find that you still gravitate towards one or two device combinations (and the rest will collect dust). I know about the "dust collection"... I just cleaned up several Kanger tanks, and plan to pay them forward to friends!

So, in a nut-shell... you can vape happily for <$100 in hardware... for a VERY long time! There is no rush to find your Unicorn, and honestly, everyone else's preferred equipment set-up is usually not yours (or mine), which is why there are more than one brand/style/color of everything available on the market!

From there... I forced myself to stop buying new things and really explore juice and work on saving all that money I wasn't spending on smokes or new toys!

Great advice! This is what I tried to do. I did twist off and get an ohm meter, good batteries, some kanthal, a couple of TOBH clones, and a very cheap mod. I actually only paid $50 or so for all of it out of pocket because I had an amazon gift card. This stuff was more for the hobby end of things. I don't need the RDA to keep from smoking. I have my Nautilus and MPV for that. It is plenty. I do enjoy dripping, but it uses so much juice and it is not as easy as the tanks, so I use it more for a pleasure activity. The juice hunt can be much more expensive in my opinion. I am finding that juice varies, as much as peoples opinions. Some juice that I love, others hate, and vice versa!

6 months your counter says, :?) Right on!

3 months for me here. And they say vaping is not an alternative to smoking, WTH are they talking about?! Do they even know what they are talking about?

Once I wrapped my mind around the possibility that vaping was a thoroughly enjoyable alternative, I easily forget how long its been also. Who cares, LOL. Its all about the VAPE now. Smoking is dead, vaping is the future, or something like that.

Ya, I`m ready to do the same thing, kinda of. I`m going to be giving the KFL to my better half and I am going for a Fogger. This fogger will be sitting on a straight up mech, probably a Panzer for now, but I`m fancying a Big Ugly 26650. I`m so tired of the worry that comes with the high end expensive electronics, too much to fail for me. I figure it should be simple simple simple. If the contacts are good, the battery is good, it should work. And the Fogger looks right, its basically a dual coil kayfun with more airflow (YAY!). Now that I`m building duels on the KF they don`t scare me in the least bit,they used to, LOL. But this hobby is all about learning and growing and enjoying it to the fullest. And with all the innovation, you can stand still and enjoy what you have, or you can branch out and try new things. Its like whatever YOU want to do. :?)

Man, smoking was such a drag, but vaping is an experience!

Cheers,

R

Heldar - I find dripping bothersome too but I like the flavor and vapor from it. I'm planning to get The Big Dripper which is a RDA but it holds like 5ml of liquid and you push down on the drip tip to juice up your coil. It's a dripper and tank atty in one.

check out a review of it

Yea the savings are a HUGE part of my motivation. Now that I am down to roughly $75 per month for coils and liquid I am set lol. Probably spent the same $$$ as a couple months of analogs on batteries and tanks I like and just roll with it. There are so many ways to do it lol. I just take the "ease" route and "saving" route instead of it becoming a hobby. For me it is about replacing analogs and nothing more.