New to the Forum, new to vaping...

mkauthen

Hi all. My name is Michelle. I'm a 39 year old mother of 5. I've been a cigarette smoker since I was 21 (took year long breaks each time I got pregnant). My husband is also a smoker. He has been talking about trying out e-cigs for the past year. We tried a few of the disposable kinds, but they weren't for us. He has a friend at work that kept telling him to try a vaporizer instead. This guy was so nice, he gave my husband a Provari with a ton of juice and attachments, for like 60 dollars. My husband is a guy that smokes about a pack and a half a day kind of guy. He got the vaporizer on Thursday. That day, he only smoked 4 cigarettes. Every day since he has had between 2 and 4 cigarettes. I've become convinced that this must work. Yesterday, we went to the Electronic Cigarette Expo. It was pretty amazing.

So, now I need to figure out what vaporizer I should get (remember, it can't be too expensive because we are pretty broke), and would like something pretty reliable.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Michelle

Welcome Michelle!

You can get started with a basic eGo kit, like an EVOD starter kit (two batteries, two clearomizers, and charger). I recommend anyone starting out to have two batteries, so you can have one charging while you use the other... and a couple tanks so you can have extra flavors. You can pick up the basic eGo-T 1100mAh twin kits for $20-25 from many sites (sorry no links for you at the moment), but I'm sure you'll have several links dropped in this thread for you :)

I'm glad to hear your husband is doing so well... it takes time for some, and some can make the switch right away... either way it's all good because reduction or elimination is still fewer analogs in your system!

Thanks for the welcome and for the info. I will continue looking for the best deals for a decent piece. (Probably won't have any money to spend for a few weeks anyways) So no worries on not having links just yet. LOL

Looking forward to meeting everyone. :o)

Michelle

A word of caution on eBay... I've bought a few things from there, and quite frequently what are sold as "genuine" are clones or knock-offs which are mis-represented. There are reputable sellers, though.

While some clones are as good as the genuine article, be careful of what you're buying... look for tale-tell signs in the wording such as "like" or verbiage that lists one item as multiple descriptions. Read the sellers reviews carefully, even the positive ones. eBay is buyer-beware, and if the deal sounds too good to be true, it usually is!

See "Vape Store on Wheels" lol. Don't know what happened but I'm guessing an anomaly in the fabric of time and space brought on by a collision with a wormhole.

.....either that or I was realllllllly tired..... :)

LOL I went and read it. Thanks. I have been catching flack from my kids for quite some time to quit smoking. So they are all quite on board with me attempting to vape instead of smoke cigarettes. Now just need to come up with a little money to purchase a device. No need to buy liquids for some time, as I have about 20 bottles that I got for free at the ECC on Saturday. My youngest son offered to give me his money to buy one, but I had to break the bad news that 1 dollar won't do it. LOL

Interesting side note.... Since my hubby got his vape on Thursday, I use it in the evenings when he is home from work. I also used it all weekend while he was home (plus all the tons of vape flavors I tried at the ECC...) Well, he is at work right now, so I went out and had a regular cigarette.... It tasted horrible!!!!! It is going to be a looooong day waiting for hubby to get home. LOL

Anybody know where I can buy a new switch for my igo w? I had dropped it on the floor so every time I push on the switch it gets stuck and stays firing up until I unscrew it. Help please lol

Anybody know where I can buy a new switch for my igo w? I had dropped it on the floor so every time I push on the switch it gets stuck and stays firing up until I unscrew it. Help please lol

mkauthen - Welcome to Vapor Talk!

These guys here won't steer you wrong! I have not been doing this long and know way more than most of the people in the local vape shops! I learned most of it here!

I totally understand on the bad cigarette taste! The last one I smoked was late one night on my wife's birthday. I was in a motel and went out to the car due to the fire alarms going off (false alarm) I really didn't want it, but it was the last one I had. It tasted awful, nearly sickening! I wrote the date/time on the pack and wrapped it up and gave it to my wife for her birthday. It has been a strong motivator!

Good Luck!