I call it the heretic coil

Spyke_696

note: this i think can only be made in a mephisto as big wire is used

ok so im setting here looking at my box of wire and went im gunna go crazy and build somthing i have never seen before and see how it goes and damnnnnn it hits hard most of you may see this and go wtf hell i did but try it if you wish it gives mass flavor and a huge cloud i meen huge so here it is heres what i cam up with

i wrapped 2 micro coild one in 20 gauge and the other in 22 gague and a 3rd coil in 28 gague but its a super super small wrap dunno what that would be called.... so i put the 20 gague coil in one side facing one open end to the air hole and on the other side i put the 22 gague coil facing vert as close to the air hole as possable now the 28 gague super small wrap get twisted inside the org cotton wick and fed thru the vert 22 gague wire the cotton is so you dont short out and for wicking

she should be at .13 ohms posting pics in a little

sounds like a crazy build maybe stupid but thats why im calling it the Heretic Coil

wicking wrap org cotton around the 20 gague coil none going thru the center and wrap a small amount around the 22 gague as well if you want wont be needed sence you got the one running thru the center but i did it for added juice sence its a lower ohm build

What I get is the 28ga is imbedded in cotton and through the center of the vertical coil but i dont get where its hooked up and how this doesnt cause an imbalance of load.....

So long as all coils, no matter the gauge, are the same ohms the imbalance is not an issue. two coils look to be in the posts it is just not a good angle to show this third coil. ;) I don't even see the third coil and wonder where it is. :D The coil surrounded with cotton would be how you would wick a Dragon coil. It should be pointed up a bit more than it is. Most are set at about a 45 degree angle to the base.

What are the Ohms of the three coils?

How does it Vape?

So long as all coils, no matter the gauge, are the same ohms the imbalance is not an issue...................

Interesting. So you are saying they still sum as a whole even if you have one coil on one side and two coils on the other?

And when you say "same ohms" do you mean same side or same ohm per each coil?

Wait, I'm sorting this out now, I think.........

As long as you have, say, 3 x .5 ohm coils, they would sum out to 1.5 ohms. This is because there really aren't "2 sides", correct?

You only have a positive and a negative pole even though on a 3 post RBA you have 2 neg poles.

But I can see now that if you had 1 coil that was .8 ohms then it wouldn't balance regardless of connection because the current draw would be different on the coil and you wouldn't get even heating......

Yes sorry took me so long the 28 gague is fed thru the vertical 22 gague wire wrapped in cotton so it don't short it also shares the negative post with the vertical 22 gague wire and the positive of corse so I found after pulling one set up out and replacing it and removing the other the vertical wires are mass flavor with not a whole whole lot of cloud and the 20 gague wire makes the huge cloud ull get

The 20 gague and the 22 and 28 gague make the same ohms the 22 and 28 act as one coil to make the ohms of the 20 gague coil the 28 gague will heat the inside of the wick as the 22 heats it from the out side and the 20 gague coil is wrapped very close to a dragon coil

I may have to do a video lol and show you guys how to wrap this sucker

Thanks for the details. :)

This brings up another point. I don't fully understand the correlation between massive clouds and flavor.

You would think that the more vapor you could generate the more flavor you would get but I know from my own experience this is not necessarily the case.

I dont get why more vapor does not mean more flavor. Does heavier vapor mask flavor? Does intense heat from a sub ohm coil destroy flavor? I have experienced great flavor with less than stellar vapor. But I've also experienced lots of vapor with very little flavor. It doesnt seem to be purely a pg/vg ratio point. It goes beyond that but I havent quite sorted it out.

I may be wrong, but I think the flavor is equally affected by the wicking and certain wicking sytles working better with different types of coils. as far as the science behind all this I am clueless as well. I find my sweet spots through a long series of trial and error, but it would make sense that more vapor equals more flavor and it could be that the particular flavor that you are using works better on a higher ohm coil because it doesnt taste good warm. I have noticed that certain flavors taste great on my Stillare at .25 ohms, but terrible on my nimbus that I have set at .8 and vise versa.

In my exp ... fruits are best at higher ohms ...stuff like tobaccos and coffees taste best at lower ohms and candy's like say Sweet Tart can go most any way it could be all in the flavor but with this coil build I'm finding it could be all in the way your airflow is set up take the kayfun for instance ... most common build you have a micro coil setting directly over the air Hole you get good flavor ....ok now my coil build I got the vertical one over the air flow and it so happens to be the reason for the best flavor

Wait, I'm sorting this out now, I think.........

As long as you have, say, 3 x .5 ohm coils, they would sum out to 1.5 ohms. This is because there really aren't "2 sides", correct?

You only have a positive and a negative pole even though on a 3 post RBA you have 2 neg poles.

But I can see now that if you had 1 coil that was .8 ohms then it wouldn't balance regardless of connection because the current draw would be different on the coil and you wouldn't get even heating......

Sorry still sorting this out for myself. First, I made a mistake. I wrote "sum" and added resistance together but because I now realize they are wired in parallel , the resistance drops. So resistance would be around .16 in my example.