Ohm reader varying?

christov11

Hey guys

So after spending all day friday building coils (legit 6 hours of my time haha) I noticed something a little weird...

My ohm reader seems to be giving me different readings depending on how tight its screwed on...

We can imagine how this could be a safety issue.

I understand that it is logical also because of the flow of current but its quite annoying. should I be screwing on my RDA as tight as possible? Not gonna break the thing but it has me worrying that im not building at the right resistance.

What do you guys usualy do with yours and do you have any suggestions for me?

Thanks!

Tam is correct... "snug" is all it takes. I've seen a 1.5 Ohm coil read 4+ because it was barely making contact... a little twist and it read correctly! When it doubt, it's always a good thing to have a standard multi-meter to double-check with.

I figured it out... When I put it too tight the thing wont read. and then gradually loosen it up. and then at one point it reads the same ohms for half a turn. until it gets too loose and then every milimeter changes.

P.s. WOOHOO! i got my first NON sub-ohm build! (about time) its at 1.35 ohms compared to my other set at 0.65 ...or was it 0.57...anywho!

Edited by christov11

Its quite loose when it starts reading the same thing over and over but wtv, as long as it works!

p.s. I cant seem to get the coils "stick" together... theyre always pretty spaced out. not crazy like I I I I I I but more like iiiiiii

I personally dont mind it since Im guessing its letting the cotton breath a little more but maybe im just crazy too! (very good possiblity for the later)

I used the tweezers and heat them up but it just springs back out

christov11- I am having the same trouble with my coils. It seems like if i give it enough pressure to get them tight, I overlap them. I am hoping practice makes perfect! I only have 100 feet of this size. My ohm meter seems to work pretty good, but I have the same problem, but there seems to be a sweet spot where it matches my DVOM so i think it is close enough. I also noticed that if I over tighten the screws i cut the wire. I finally got my mod, batteries...but no charger. Dang FedEx.

Same here with tightening and cutting the coils. but thats honestly from over tightening. The ohm reader is good to go now it was just a question of the sweet spot. youll see when you get your batteries up and running heating the coils on them with make them more rigid and easyer to space out how you like it.

I have actually made a few coils and fired them on my MPV. I do over tighten them, I am just so afraid it isn't making good contact. I'm sure I will get the feel with more practice. I can't wait until I get home. My charger should be there Thursday and I get home Friday.

I didn't bring an RBA with me on this trip. I need to build a small toolbox for the hotel rooms. I spend 3-4 nights a week on the road. I bring tanks, extra coils and my back ups. I also have found most of the vape shops along my sales route. I think this weekend that will be my project. Building coils will help pass the time and give me practice!