Vaping at High Ohms with high Amperage batteries.

Tylor.hansen

So, this might be a dumb question, or somewhat self explanatory, but anyways. I know in order to get lower ohms you need a high amperage battery. For example you would not want to run a 0.3ohm build on a 10 amp battery, could be dangerous. However is there any safety concerns, or just downsides to using a High amperage battery with a high ohms build. IE: 30amp battery with a 2.5ohm build. I'm asking mostly to just know. I know someone might think if you have a high-drain battery why not just build a sub-ohm build. Just trying to see if there is any benifits in buying lower amperage batteries versus high amperage. Basically why waste money on lower amps.

Amps = Volts/Ohms

Therefore 4.2 volts delivered to a 2.5ohm coil draws a current of less than 2amps.

You are "asking" the battery to provide 2 amps of current. Your 10amp battery says "no prob". Your 30amp battery "yawns".

A 30amp battery on a 2.5 ohm coil is a little bit like a 500hp 5.0 mustang doing 25 in a school zone.

^^ Excellent ^^

With a 30A battery, you'll have plenty of potential "if/when" you need it, but nothing says you have to sub-ohm and "use" that capability.

To answer the second half of your question... One benefit of using a higher resistance coil is the lower Amp draw on the battery... regardless of 10A or 30A battery... means it's not working as hard, so it will last longer between recharges.

Example, you have a 2.5 Ohm coil and a 1.5 Ohm coil... use them each on the same battery... say, 650mAh eGo... fire each coil the same 4-second length every 10-seconds... you'll get more "fires" with the 2.5 Ohm coil before the battery gives-out, because the Amperage demand on the battery is less with higher resistance coils.