Noobie Nic Q-scratchy throat

SubversiveVaper

I'm curious how most noobs pic their nic levels? I started in January at a local vaping store where tasting was allowed in order to find your favorite flavor and nic level. I chose 18 mg at that time. Since then, I've had a 2.5 month 'fell off the wagon' stint back to analogs, but can happily report that I'm well over a month back with zero smokes. My throat gets very irritated now when I vape the liquids bought locally. Adirondack's juices (that I haven't had time to let steep) came to me at 12 mg of nicotine last week, and does not irritate my throat at all. Placid, from them, straight out of the bottle, has had little to no throat hit either. So now I'm all confused if it's the nic level, their PGVG ratio, or what.

Scratchy throat is happening on all of the following:

Protank 3 (V2) new coil, Spinner II, locally blended juices 70% PG/ 30% VG

So the higher nic level gives more juice flavor?

No def not. Nic adds bitterness to juice. Lower nic levels bring out a juice flavor (and decrease throat hit)

Pg may give more throat hit but I've noticed that vg tends to dry out my throat over time which can lead to a mildly sore or scratchy throat. I suggest trying a max pg liquid for a week and then switch to a max vg liquid for a week. Doing that will make it easy to tell how each affects you. From there your choice should be easy.