Quick Mod - Air Holes

Richstag

My mech smashed into a brick wall and got pretty banged up and so did my patriot. Decided it was time to bore out the holes.

Here is a quick process I figured out tonight to make it look like a pro.

Grind out countersunk hole. Tried countersunk bit and it wasn't as clean.

14798420482_18d377a8b1_h.jpgimage by Richstag, on Flickr

Buff off raised burrs from grinding.

14796417324_b0b8bdd67c_h.jpgimage by Richstag, on Flickr

Buff out inside bore and walls for machine finish.

14612157288_eaaa214632_h.jpgimage by Richstag, on Flickr

Easy as that. Took two minutes.

Nice job! I also tried a counter sink bit before and had poor luck, found a dremil bit though that works like a charm! I'll post a pic when I can, but it's just the cone shaped one that is for hard metal.

How the heck did your mod get banged up?! Pics?

I am deathly allergic to bees. Kind of the anti-superhero syndrome with bee stings you know. Got stung so much growing up I became allergic. Woke up groggy one Sunday and walked out with my bottle of juice, mech and coffee and some prehistoric monster hornet came to murder me. I went in and then came back out pick up my mech and juice in my hand and it came back tried to sting me so I swatted it as hard as I could but also the mech and juice went flying full speed right into a brick wall and then bounced into another brick wall. Its pretty smashed up. Tomorrow I will take a picture and also the all together finish air holes. I just took quick pics to show the process.

Love to see how yours worked out.

Oh man, that's awful! :(

Sucks dude.

the only pic I have is a crappy one I snapped a while back just to show the hole size. I have since broken the RDA and given the cap away. I'm doing another one soon and will post good pics of it.

Mvince. Thanks man. Yeah it's was a crappy morning. Can't wait to see your next cap.

Bush it's a sumo v2. They make stainless too. Gave one to my buddy. That got dinged up too. It all did. Oven the drip well hot mangled and deformed hitting the second wall after the cap flew off. I like it even more now though. It takes a beating. Got silver contacts and springs too. It's now a beater looking thing but it performs awesome. Kind of a sleeper now.

Did you buy it online? If so, can you shoot me a link to where I can grab one? I would love to pick one up when I buy stuff next. I haven't gotten new hardware in a couple of months.

EDIT: Nevermind. I found them at VapeRev. $27.50? Jeez, this thing costs more than my 2puffs AFC tip...

Edited by Bushwick

Quick pics. Had to cut 11 acres didn't have time for better.

14618595269_7916ac23cf_h.jpgimage by Richstag, on Flickr

14782246046_ab3294be0b_h.jpgimage by Richstag, on Flickr

14802878414_a5a33e90d1_h.jpgimage by Richstag, on Flickr

14618598779_b9fe1dda56_h.jpgimage by Richstag, on Flickr

Still nice and clean inside, and functions better than ever. It looks much worse in person and theres a ton of gouges and dents I didn't take the time to photograph. The bottom ring it no longer round either. It all function well. The cap is a little trickier on and off since the well is bent badly, but it still seals and seats properly.

Edited by Richstag