another kanthal question

If I'm trying to reach 3 ohms which ga kanthal should I use. I'm now using 32 ga. Kanthal. Its hard to make a coil that fits inside the body of my pro tank 3 for 3 ohms. If I use a thicker Ga. Kanthal I would be able to use less wraps right? What Ga. Do you recommend? Also I'm using cell cotton to make my wicks. Should I stay with kanthal or should I use nichrome wire for cell cotton? I hear that the ribbon wire is better. If I use it will I be able to reach my 3ohm target easier than kanthal wire? Thanks

Edited by jsr27

I believe I used 30g when I rebuilt my pro-tanks. With thicker gauge wire you will need more wraps to get to a higher resistance, not less.

For example: 28g kanthal takes about 20 wraps to get to 3 ohms on a 5/64 diameter whereas 32g would take about 8 wraps. I believe you are using the correct wire for what you are doing.

Thanks for the info but when using 32ga. I can't get the coils close enough together to fit in the atomizer body. It always turns out not working. Got any tips to get the coils closer together? Can the coils touch each other? Help me!!!!

3 ohms is crazy high resistance. That's the limit on most devices and I don't know how you'd fit all that wire in a kanger coil head body. Certainly not with anything but 32g. Yes coil wraps can touch. You don't want them overlapping. Youtube microcoil or in your case it would probably be more of a nano coil. Just the other day you were asking for getting your coils around 1.6 ohm now you want 3? I'm getting as confused as you are lol.