MVP Green Light Blinking?

I checked the manual, but it says nothing about the green light blinking 10 or more times (or I overlooked it?)... Shorts or puffs over 10-sec will blink the red LED... nothing about blinking green... :(

Today, I was using my MVP, and it was (and still is) working fine, but I noticed the green light blinking about 10 or 15 times. When I noticed the light blinking, I released the fire-button, and it continued to blink. I turned it off and back on, self-test was fine, and it seems to be working fine. Voltage is 3.8V, coil is good (1.7 Ohm), and even when it was blinking, the vapor production was normal.

Anybody know why the green light blinked, even though it apparently was working fine, and still is?

I checked the manual, but it says nothing about the green light blinking 10 or more times (or I overlooked it?)... Shorts or puffs over 10-sec will blink the red LED... nothing about blinking green... :(

Today, I was using my MVP, and it was (and still is) working fine, but I noticed the green light blinking about 10 or 15 times. When I noticed the light blinking, I released the fire-button, and it continued to blink. I turned it off and back on, self-test was fine, and it seems to be working fine. Voltage is 3.8V, coil is good (1.7 Ohm), and even when it was blinking, the vapor production was normal.

Anybody know why the green light blinked, even though it apparently was working fine, and still is?

You took too long of a draw. It has an automatic shut off. And the light blinks green for a few seconds after you let go of the button

You took too long of a draw. It has an automatic shut off. And the light blinks green for a few seconds after you let go of the button

I'd never seen that before, because I rarely take a puff longer than 5-6 seconds (maybe my button stuck?)...

According to the manual, the light is supposed to flash RED, not Green... But, I just tried it by holding the button until it flashed, and it did flash Green, so the manual is incorrect!

Thanks for the sanity check grailhunter!

Well, this has happened 3 times today. At first I thought the button had stuck, but now I'm thinking something else is going on. I changed tanks to rule out that being an issue (coil problem), but since changing tanks, it's happened twice more. Each time, the light starts blinking almost immediately after I press the fire-button, and continues to blink for about 4-5 seconds after I release it. I don't take long draws, probably 4-6 seconds average, and I'm currently using a 1.5 Ohm coil at 8.5W, so it's definitely not problem with settings outside the sweet-spot for performance.

I'm going to power it off and re-charge tonight, and see what happens tomorrow!

Well, Tuesday night, I exhausted the battery to the point it would no longer fire. I powered it off, charged it overnight, and am happy to say that I've not seen the problem again during the past 4 days.

Gremlins? Charging issue? Circuitry issue? Battery-memory issue? Who knows... but it's working fine now, and has only required one recharge since Wednesday morning (now Saturday - sitting at 3.9V), so even the battery-life has improved after a full discharge/recharge cycle :)

Now, I did use the MVP to charge my near-death phone battery last weekend, so perhaps that could have had something to do with it's strange behavior on Tuesday? Again, who knows... but it's working fine now!

Glad to hear it is working! I always get a little nervous when I hear of an MVP giving trouble, since this is my daily use battery. I should save up and buy a backup, but I have to save $200 more from not smoking before I pull the trigger. That is one thing I love/hate about this hobby. So many neat shiny things, so little money!