Throat hit tolerance building up?

I noticed that as time goes on (a few months) that I am requiring higher nic level juice and lower amp clearo to get the same throat hit I used to just a few months ago. Even with new equipment and fully charged, new battery I have to take longer and longer drags to get that good throat hit. Is this a tolerance buildup or something?

Man, i was noticing just the opposite. My buddy kept saying I had an iron throat and he couldn't believe watching me take RDA monster hits with 24mg juice. I didn't even feel it. Then I quite smoking and in just the two weeks I feel like 12mg is more of a throat hit than 24 when I was still smoking. I felt like my throat has gotten more sensitive.

I think I am about ready to drop my nic level to zero. I have been reading that 0 nic in ejuice provides the truest flavor, however that flavor might seem off a bit because we have become accustomed to nic and that nic itself has its own distinct flavor. I will buy some sample flavors of my favorite ejuice and test this out but I would like to know what anyone else's experience is with vaping zero nic ejuice. I may have to up my VG to compensate for the throat hit right?