Vision spinner II black gunk.

So I've been using it for about a month now or so, and yesterday I started getting this very bad taste, almost like a burnt metal. I went to the store, grabbed some new coils, popped it in, still there, bad enough to almost throw up. I finally found that on my charger for it, there is this black gunk building up, where it connects. I cleaned all of that, the threads on everything, it was all covered in it. It's almost back to normal now, I'm still confused on what/why that is happening though. Fuzion vapor liquid.

It is really important to keep your batteries and chargers clean. When juice leaks on to your battery it ttransfers to your charger. All that gunk builds up and affects performance/charging not to mention rots your charger.

Clean everything. The threads on your battery and tanks ARE the electrical connections. Keep em clean.

Verify your voltage output on your battery with a meter as well.even with dirty contacts you shouldnt be getting that much taste unless your voltage is cranked up.

Edited by Bebop12

I am constantly swabbing the contacts of my wife's batteries and cleaning my charger contacts with alcohol because she refuses to take the time to swab them out before plugging them in. Its a pet peeve of mine and I now, with her permission of course, am the "designated charger" of batteries.

It is good to keep a lot of Qtips around and swab the contact on the battery off every time the tank is off for whatever reason. The production of steam produces condensation both below the coil and in the shaft the coil slides into. This condensation will cause a very funky taste because it is basically burning on the contacts if not cleaned often.

Yes thanks, I got most of it off with Q-tips and warm water, I will use alcohol next, wasnt sure if it was safe or not. But the main issue with cleaning this Vision spinner II, I can see black gunk under where the connector is at, and I cant reach it with anything, would it be OK to get the q-tip covered in alcohol or water and let it seep down in there, then maybe try?

- I can still taste the bad taste mixed in with my juice flavor taste, it's very annoying :( lol

Edited by Bassna

I have some a year old or older that look black but the bushing, o-ring, whatever you call it that surrounds the center post on the battery will darken over time but shouldn't contribute to any sort of burned taste.

With that said I cannot imagine it would hurt to clean it with alcohol. Its what I have used over a year to clean my tanks, battery contacts, charger contacts, and coils until I realized it was better for me to just replace them as cheap as they are.

If I had to guess, I'd say the build up is getting "heated" up enough so that when you vape it the taste is transmitted through the air hole on the bottom of the coil. Much like the older rubber insulated kanger coil heads would get hot and then a rubber taste is present. Just my 2 cents.