Rayon Cellucotton Wicks

3Rutez

Does the flavor die off pretty quick?

I got a.sample of some Japanese cotton and the second day I'm getting vapor still but really muted flavor.

I haven't noticed that but there are a few types of the japanese cotton and I'm not sure which you have. I've heard not all are great for wicks. The koh gen do or something close to that I think is what most are using but it's harder to find now that vapers are trying to buy it all up. I was told that another good one is shisheido or something close to that and that's what I got. It's pretty good for me. I think sometimes different juice just tastes better with certain types of wicks. If I am using the japanese and it's not great for that juice I'll try regular organic cotton or cellucotton. Usually regular organic is always pretty good but for me it's doesn't always wick the best. Usually the worst. The parallel fibers of the japanese and cellucotton just do better at that. Sometimes a juice for me will taste exactly the same in all three. Sometimes the cellucotton just tastes a little off with a specific juice. It's mainly trial and error for me. All work fine and taste good but there are subtle differences. I think the japanese cotton and regular organic work better for low subohm builds. The cellucotton works better in tanks like the kayfun or russian 91% as long as you use less of it than you normally do with organic cotton. It doesn't take as much and starts to taste off if you overstuff your coil or device.

That was an awesome review video. Thanks for posting. I eventually would have seen it I subscribe to his channel but had no idea it was posted or he was working on that comparison. I'm not surprised at all with his results it's pretty much exactly what I've found for myself using those three. Never tried the hemp wicks but I wouldn't pay that much and I figured they would give a slightly woody pulp taste anyway like he found. One thing that he touched on that I completely forgot about with the rayon cellucotton is how easy is it to change juice using the same wick. It does burn out cleaner and more thoroughly than any of the others. Regular organic really seems to just pool the juice and not wick as well and hold that flavor in between changes. The one thing he didn't factor in at the end that I thought he would is price. I wouldn't say the japanese cotton squares are really expensive but when you compare getting 500 ft of rayon for half the cost of one box of japanese cotton squares it might be a factor for some.

Was really interesting how much better the japanese and rayon wicked. I had noticed it with the parallel fibers but to see them side by side and how much better they do compared to the tangled mess that sometimes you get in regular organic cotton balls it really shows how much easier it works. I'm already using the japanese squares about 75% of the time but I think I'll go back to the rayon cellucotton a little more and see if I really do enjoy it as much. I know I like it for kayfuns and russians which is what he was using. For those rebuildable tanks to me it's overall better than everything else. It takes much less material to do a better job and I can get max VG juice to wick like a 50/50 juice does with regular cotton which is a big difference in performance.

A new video by PBusardo review on rayon, japenese cotton,

Glad I looked first. Thanks for posting this I found it quite interesting. I may have to get some of the Japanese cotton. Like PBusardo, I'm a organic cotton user. I found his test to be an eye opener. I found hemp to be harsh and Rayon, just don't like the way it is made personally. After seeing how poorly the Organic cotton balls wicked, I knew there was going to be a change in my wicking.

Thanks for the vid, I switched to Rayon a few weeks ago after using organic cotton, haven't tried the Japanese cotton or the hemp yet, so this vid was very useful for me. I fully understand what he meant by comfort level, that has been my issue with the Rayon. I like how it performs but its just not natural and for some reason it kinda makes me uneasy a little... lol

I ordered some japanese cotton, Shiseido facial cotton yesterday from Sephora . Can also find it on Amazon which is cheaper by a few $ but it will take longer to ship and doesn't come with free samples of beauty products. :shuriken: