Hello and Could Someone Help?

Curtisd

Hello, I've been using a local store in my area for heads,batteries,liquid, etc. I thought the prices were decent until I started seeing some of the prices from online vendors. I looked on mad vapes website and found a BDC glassomizer for 9$ on sale, my question is if mad vapes is safe to buy from or not? Also, I've been paying 5.99 for 10ml bottles and 15.99 for 30ml bottles of eliquid and was wondering where I could get it cheaper online. Another funny thing is that the bdc coils sell for 9$ (for a 3 pack) and I have found some online for 3$ for a 5pack!

I buy all my hardware from sweet-vapes.com and am very happy with their prices and service. I have ordered from MadVapes before but only because they had the replacement glass I was looking for. In my opinion there are a few common places "most" here get their hardware from.

sweet-vapes.com

VaporTalk Store

Discountvaper.com

VeteranVaper.com

For bargain priced liquids there is

Mount Baker Vapor (Personally not a fan but a LOT are. Its so subjective anyway)

ECBlends (All my wife vapes is their Peppermint)

VapeDudes

For premium higher quality liquids there is

FivePawns

Fadora Vapor

Fuzion Vapor (All I vape is their Endless Summer

I would trust any of the above suppliers with anything. I am sure there are more but these are some of the more respected in the community. I am sure others will give good suggestions too.

I have been vaping and analog free for almost 14 months now and have yet to buy the first thing from a brick and mortar and as long as my three suppliers are in business it will stay that way.

Hope this helps!

Online shops will almost always be cheaper because they don't have the overhead (rent, utilities, staff, etc.) that a B&M has. That being said, you also have to be careful where you buy online, especially from eBay (although many good deals come from there too)!

I've not purchased from Mad Vapes, but others have mentioned them before, with nothing bad to say about them as I recall. There are many reputable vendors listed on this forum (as bcarter just listed above), as well as the VT shop has good prices too. There's nothing wrong with saving some $ by buying online, but if your B&M is a "good" shop, it doesn't hurt to buy from them from time to time, or when you need something "now"... it will help to keep them in business.

Online shops will almost always be cheaper because they don't have the overhead (rent, utilities, staff, etc.) that a B&M has. That being said, you also have to be careful where you buy online, especially from eBay (although many good deals come from there too)!

I've not purchased from Mad Vapes, but others have mentioned them before, with nothing bad to say about them as I recall. There are many reputable vendors listed on this forum (as bcarter just listed above), as well as the VT shop has good prices too. There's nothing wrong with saving some $ by buying online, but if your B&M is a "good" shop, it doesn't hurt to buy from them from time to time, or when you need something "now"... it will help to keep them in business.

I listed the VaporTalk store too in my post. The trick to buying online and saving money is to always have backups for your backups so you never are in a position to need anything "now" at twice the cost. When you can buy 2 online for the price of 1 in the store on a lot of things it makes it easier to stock up. Example, the cheapest KPT single coils in my city at any of the 6 "shops" is $3. I pay $1.19 online. Vision Spinner V2 is $59.95 where it is $32.95 online. Other than liquids, and the one I like 3 times as much as any other is not available at any local shop, I cannot fathom paying B&M prices outside of an emergency.

If the markups were modest I would pay for the convenience but in my area they are not. Then again I am an online shopping kind of guy. I rarely go to a store for anything other than clothes and groceries and wear my Amazon Prime out haha. I do the majority of my shopping at work from my desk because once I am away from here life is more hectic than being at work. I managed the last 3 Christmases for my family without ever walking into a store.

Ah, I missed the VT store in your list :)

I agree, why pay more if you don't have to... I'm an online shopper too... and if I could have my milk and eggs delivered out here in the sticks, I'd not even go to the grocery, lol.

My local B&M is a rip-off on everything... juice is 100% marked up over online prices, and their equipment/hardware is 300-500% mark-up! On top of the fact that they show you a "genuine" item from the case, but sell you a clone most of the time!! Now, another store about 20 miles away has comparable prices to online for juice, and their mark-up on hardware is not horrible, and no clone/knock-offs. I'll pick-up a new flavor to try from them, or a drip-tip, etc. from time-to-time... and sometimes I'll just stop by to see what's new. That is where I bought my MVP from, and it was the exact same price as the lowest online vendors....

It's also nice to know I'm not the only person who accomplishes all their Christmas shopping from the comfort of their keyboard! I've not stepped foot in a store for "Christmas Shopping" purposes in nearly a decade... and yes, Amazon Prime probably hemorrhages money on my shipping costs annually!

Thanks for all the quick replies, especially the websites. I have another question. I have been using this BDC coil system for about a year now and honestly I never have a problem with this like I did using the kanger pro tank & coils. The only problem with this BDC system is that I don't get much vape from them. Also, I'm using an aspire tank but I'm going to purchase a glass one. Will the glass tank have any affect on the amount of vape per puff or should I get a different tank and coil system.

Ah, I missed the VT store in your list :)

I agree, why pay more if you don't have to... I'm an online shopper too... and if I could have my milk and eggs delivered out here in the sticks, I'd not even go to the grocery, lol.

My local B&M is a rip-off on everything... juice is 100% marked up over online prices, and their equipment/hardware is 300-500% mark-up! On top of the fact that they show you a "genuine" item from the case, but sell you a clone most of the time!! Now, another store about 20 miles away has comparable prices to online for juice, and their mark-up on hardware is not horrible, and no clone/knock-offs. I'll pick-up a new flavor to try from them, or a drip-tip, etc. from time-to-time... and sometimes I'll just stop by to see what's new. That is where I bought my MVP from, and it was the exact same price as the lowest online vendors....

It's also nice to know I'm not the only person who accomplishes all their Christmas shopping from the comfort of their keyboard! I've not stepped foot in a store for "Christmas Shopping" purposes in nearly a decade... and yes, Amazon Prime probably hemorrhages money on my shipping costs annually!

Yea and I am not like most when it comes to seeing what is new. The first time I got excited about anything new in a long time was when the Vision Spinner 2 1600mah came out. I sold my Vamo, Nitecore charger, and 6 18650s to buy a couple more. It is by far my favorite battery I have ever owned. Other than that, I know what I like and have plenty. I just have to stock up on liquid and coils from time to time. When you have vaped a while it gets simplified if you let it lol.

Thanks for all the quick replies, especially the websites. I have another question. I have been using this BDC coil system for about a year now and honestly I never have a problem with this like I did using the kanger pro tank & coils. The only problem with this BDC system is that I don't get much vape from them. Also, I'm using an aspire tank but I'm going to purchase a glass one. Will the glass tank have any affect on the amount of vape per puff or should I get a different tank and coil system.

Not sure. I only use KPT 2s and Davide Minis with single coils. I get plenty of vapor and everything from them with 0 problems so I see no reason to upgrade to more expensive dual coils especially with the rate I go through coils. They are so cheap when mine starts to taste a little off I just pop in a new one.

The glass will not affect the amount of vapor but once you taste your liquid out of glass you will want to throw away your plastic tanks because plastic is all you will taste. Just be sure you are ready to switch to glass if you try one because you will have a hard time going back to plastic if you are like me and most I know.

I guess my first question now is "what battery are you using?"

I use Kanger single-coil and dual-coil tanks (all are glass but two), and get decent vapor from each one, but I'm also using a Variable Voltage / Variable Wattage battery.

Vapor production has nothing to do with glass or plastic... glass just holds up longer and is better for cinnamon/citrus/menthol/mint flavors, as they will tend to crack plastic tanks.

Aspire, Kanger, Anyvape, whatever tank you use... the key is to find one (or two) you like and use a good battery. Coil resistance is a factor as well, and which one you use will be a matter of personal preference, as well as your battery's capabilities.

All the above suggestions are right on. The only thing I would add in light of your concern for "vape per puff", which I'm assuming you are referring to vapor production, would be to consider your pg/vg ratio. Often this ratio is denoted by a number like 80/20 or 50/50. Usually these numbers describe the amount of pg (propylene glycol) first and Vg (vegetable glycerin) second, but not always. The main thing to understand is that the higher the amount of pg equates to greater TH (throat hit) whereas the higher the Vg amount equates to greater vapor production.

I started with an 80/20 mix (pg/vg) and found the TH to be too much and the vapor production to be too little. I then moved to a 50/50 mix and though it was better still not what I was looking for. I now use a 20/80 mix (pg/vg) and am satisfied with my vape.

This may not be the answer for you but understand what those numbers mean and how they will affect your vape.