my taste buds cant taste the flavor?!?

i dont know if this is right section or not, but all of a sudden my taste buds cant taste the flavor for some reason. ive been vaping the same juice like 1 week 50/50 blend and im drinking plenty of water the whole day. i tried brushing my tongue w/ toothpaste that kinda work but not fully. how do i get my taste buds back to normal?

You'll want to drink lots of water. You also said that you're vaping the same juice...you need to change it up. Most of us change flavors several times a day. Go to a fruit flavor if you've been vaping something like a bakery flavor, then try a mint or a candy flavor. That seems to help but only if it's something very different from what you can't taste anymore. :)

Yes, change flavors!! Your taste buds get overwhelmed by the same flavor over and over, and desensitize over time. Adding some variety daily or every other day will really help with your flavor perceptions.

I vape a lot of sweet cigar and chocolate based flavors, and adding a few hits from sour-apple and sour-grape tend to really wake-up my taste buds!

I used to change flavors but now it has been months since I have vaped any other flavor than the one I use and the taste is always there. My theory is at first your tastebuds are healing and they go through transitions with regards to how things taste. Even with food. Things I used to love taste like garbage now and things I never ate before now taste great. Once your tastebuds fully heal over several months you can settle into one flavor if you want but at first you have to find what you like.

i dont know if this is right section or not, but all of a sudden my taste buds cant taste the flavor for some reason. ive been vaping the same juice like 1 week 50/50 blend and im drinking plenty of water the whole day. i tried brushing my tongue w/ toothpaste that kinda work but not fully. how do i get my taste buds back to normal?

You need to change the flavor and consume lots of water.. If there is no improvement you must consult health expert.. I hope your taste buds become normal soon..

Yes, change flavors!! Your taste buds get overwhelmed by the same flavor over and over, and desensitize over time. Adding some variety daily or every other day will really help with your flavor perceptions.

I vape a lot of sweet cigar and chocolate based flavors, and adding a few hits from sour-apple and sour-grape tend to really wake-up my taste buds!

my blend is 50/50 hawk sauce from mtbakervapor. should i change the blend too like 80vg/20pg?

Edited by azizcansaythis

my blend is 50/50 hawk sauce from mtbakervapor. should i change the blend too like 80vg/20pg?

Your blend of 50/50 is probably just fine... moving to a higher vg content may add to your vapor production but may also diminish your flavor. Find what you like and stick close to it... personally I prefer my pg/vg to be 65/35 or 55/45, although I have a couple 80/20 and 70/30 that still get vaped too... my sour-apple is 70/30...

• 2 weeks later...

I am experiencing this right now as well, which is part of the reason why I gave up on e-cigs when I first tried them 3-4 years ago. At the time, I just thought e-cigs sucked in general, and the juice was "going bad" or something.

I've read alot about what people refer to as "vapor's fatigue" or "vapor's tongue" but didn't expect this to happen on my 3rd day of vaping. I've been using a tobacco flavor from a local shop called Midnight Express. I figured maybe I was just getting desensitized to the flavor. Kindof like when you visit a feed lot - the smell of cow **** is overwhelming at first, but after 10 minutes or so, you stop noticing it.

Today, I went to a different vape shop and purchased some peach-flavored juice (along with a new iTaste MVP). I also dropped my nic level to 18mg, thinking this might allow me to take larger draws and get more flavor. I can taste it, but it's pretty muted.

I don't normally drink alot of water during the day, but I drink a crapload of coffee. I'm trying to change this habit a bit, still drinking coffee but water as well.

To me, the throat hit is a huge part of the craving for me, which I still get from vaping, but the lack of flavor definitely diminishes the experience for me. I was really starting to enjoy the tobacco flavor, and vaping in general - now I sortof feel like I'm just forcing myself through in order to stay away from the analogs.

I am experiencing this right now as well, which is part of the reason why I gave up on e-cigs when I first tried them 3-4 years ago. At the time, I just thought e-cigs sucked in general, and the juice was "going bad" or something.

I've read alot about what people refer to as "vapor's fatigue" or "vapor's tongue" but didn't expect this to happen on my 3rd day of vaping. I've been using a tobacco flavor from a local shop called Midnight Express. I figured maybe I was just getting desensitized to the flavor. Kindof like when you visit a feed lot - the smell of cow **** is overwhelming at first, but after 10 minutes or so, you stop noticing it.

Today, I went to a different vape shop and purchased some peach-flavored juice (along with a new iTaste MVP). I also dropped my nic level to 18mg, thinking this might allow me to take larger draws and get more flavor. I can taste it, but it's pretty muted.

I don't normally drink alot of water during the day, but I drink a crapload of coffee. I'm trying to change this habit a bit, still drinking coffee but water as well.

To me, the throat hit is a huge part of the craving for me, which I still get from vaping, but the lack of flavor definitely diminishes the experience for me. I was really starting to enjoy the tobacco flavor, and vaping in general - now I sortof feel like I'm just forcing myself through in order to stay away from the analogs.

In short, at times when first getting away from analogs thats what it takes. Keep going and as long as your nic level is correct you will come out the other side for the better. As far as loseing the taste, some seem to use coffee grounds as a pallet refresher. Sniff them and it helps to restore the the ability to taste. Just what I've read, can't hurt to try.

In short, at times when first getting away from analogs thats what it takes. Keep going and as long as your nic level is correct you will come out the other side for the better. As far as loseing the taste, some seem to use coffee grounds as a pallet refresher. Sniff them and it helps to restore the the ability to taste. Just what I've read, can't hurt to try.