Help! Mod killing batteries!

Elementtw1023

I bought a Sigelei mini tiger last week. It came with a cheap acrylic tank that I've been wanting to replace. I went to my local shop and got a Kanger Mini Pro tank 3 (I have a pro tank 2 I'd love to use but the air holes get blocked by battery tube form some reason) and put it on. I fired it a few times and when I did the battery tube got so hot I could barely touch it. I thought that I might not have solid contacts so I took it apart and tried again. Same thing. Now my battery won't charge. Am I doing something wrong? I want to find a "small" tank that I can use so I can keep it in my pocket. Any help or suggestions would be great. The battery is an ICR16500 3.7v 1200mAH

Thanks in advance

If it were me, I would install a new coil in the protank and try a fresh battery after properly disposing of the previous one. If you have problems after that then you likely have a short in your mod somewhere.

The ohm of the coil is irrelevant. If your battery got that hot, something is shorting out. So replace everything you can that can possibly short out, thus eliminating every element other than the mod. If you continue to have the problem the you have a short somewhere in your mod.

• 2 weeks later...

After lots of trial and error i figured out the problem. Sigelei recommends that you use a wick over 1.5ohms. I was using a 1.5 ohm coil and it was burning the o-ring that sealed the coil into the adjustable air flow bottom which would leak fluid onto the contact. i switched to a 2ohm coil and ta da, no more shorting. luckily my local vape shop replaced the ruined batteries for free.

After lots of trial and error i figured out the problem. Sigelei recommends that you use a wick over 1.5ohms. I was using a 1.5 ohm coil and it was burning the o-ring that sealed the coil into the adjustable air flow bottom which would leak fluid onto the contact. i switched to a 2ohm coil and ta da, no more shorting. luckily my local vape shop replaced the ruined batteries for free.

That is a very interesting outcome. Thanks for sharing it with us