New vaper, and new here

Heldar

Hows it going, folks? This would be my obligatory introduction of myself. I'm a relatively new vaper, quit smoking a pack a day 77 days ago, and did it using an MVP v2 with the tank that came with it. My collection has grown a bit, and I just recently got into mech mods and RBAs. Lookin forward to learning stuff from you all and what nots. And now for a cheap and crappy cell phone pic of my gear:

20140530_2022281.jpg

Shown is the MVP v2 with a R91%, a Smok-e Mountain vanilla S/N 05293 with an IGO-M dripper, and various other stuff and things.

Welcome and congrats on putting the analogs behind you! Hmmmm. I'm not seeing an ohm meter in your arsenal. Where might that be? :)

Whats and ohm, and why does it need to be read??

But seriously, its just not in the picture. Had it sitting on my work bench and just forgot to grab it. :D

Whats and ohm, and why does it need to be read??

But seriously, its just not in the picture. Had it sitting on my work bench and just forgot to grab it. :D

The ohm must be RED. Pay attention, son. :)

Seriously, I'm glad you're safety minded. We push that a LOT here.

Welcome to Vapor Talk! And thank you for being safety conscious! There are a few of us here that can be pretty prickly about it. We have a hardware specific/rebuildables sub forum here, so feel free to post pics of your builds, ask questions, or give advice.

Thanks! I have a tendency of jumping in head first with all my hobbies, and I realized very quickly that vaping was going to become one, when the iTaste 30 didnt quite do it for me. Thankfully, ive been fooling around with electronics for long enough, that i know better than to just "wing" it. I'm still pretty terrible at building my own coils, but I must admit I impressed myself with a .27 ohm build on the IGO i made earlier today, and the vape is honestly the best ive had yet (although the prim g2 valiza helps a lot, as i think its going to be my all day vape now, when i discovered it at a BM a lil ways away). Ill be sure to hit up that sub forum and get some advice and ideas :)

If you're going to sub ohm make sure you have the right battery that can handle the load. The wrong battery and you could be serenaded with a lovely *BOOM!* :)

Agreed, and did my research on that one too. Picked up two Sony vtc4 30A batteries before i even attempted to vape anything below 1 ohm. :)

Go you! Boy, are you a breath of fresh air for someone new to vaping. I like how you roll. :D

Well i honestly dont understand how someone can think its a good idea to use something as volatile and a li-ion or li-min battery that isnt protected pulling as much as 20 to 30 ohms. The things are quite literally explosions waiting to happen if you pull too many amps. I could maybe understand if there was a massive price difference, but hell, $12 versus $8 (at a local BM shop at that) isnt going to break anyones bank.

You'd be surprised at what you're going to see here. People getting into vaping just so they can cloud chase, build coils with no idea what Ohm's Law is or how to apply it, using sub-standard materials to build coils (ie. bread ties, paper clips, etc.), cotton from Q-tips for wicks, using APVs to check their coil builds if they check them at all, no knowledge of batteries, the list goes on.

We have a few people who come on with some knowledge or at least with a good dose of common sense and aren't afraid to use it, though. We like to see them and hope they stay to help guide other new vapers. :)

You'd be surprised at what you're going to see here. People getting into vaping just so they can cloud chase, build coils with no idea what Ohm's Law is or how to apply it, using sub-standard materials to build coils (ie. bread ties, paper clips, etc.), cotton from Q-tips for wicks, using APVs to check their coil builds if they check them at all, no knowledge of batteries, the list goes on.

We have a few people who come on with some knowledge or at least with a good dose of common sense and aren't afraid to use it, though. We like to see them and hope they stay to help guide other new vapers. :)

So you're saying i should stop using my .27 ohm coil built from left over rj45 wire and cut up cotton t-shirt scraps?

Edited by Heldar

I got a good flavor c: it has a good kick and thick vape cloud. Add menthol strawberry and a bit more mint then the rest.if you have a vapourlite menthol starter kit pop of the cap at the top and add some summer breeze e juce from dimond mist and put it into the cotton cx

Ok, this is a set up right!? I meen one of you two is yanking my chain with a new profile aren't ya...... lol

Heldar, welcome to our sand box! Keep this up and we might even let you use the good shovel and bucket! :laughing:

The nut jobs with bread ties we send to the litter box and they get the crappy ones..... :evil:

Ok, this is a set up right!? I meen one of you two is yanking my chain with a new profile aren't ya...... lol

Heldar, welcome to our sand box! Keep this up and we might even let you use the good shovel and bucket! :laughing:

The nut jobs with bread ties we send to the litter box and they get the crappy ones..... :evil:

Glad I stopped using the el'cheapo Great Value bread ties and upgraded to those fantastic Sara Lee brand. Much better flavor production!!

Hows it going, folks? This would be my obligatory introduction of myself. I'm a relatively new vaper, quit smoking a pack a day 77 days ago, and did it using an MVP v2 with the tank that came with it. My collection has grown a bit, and I just recently got into mech mods and RBAs. Lookin forward to learning stuff from you all and what nots. And now for a cheap and crappy cell phone pic of my gear:

20140530_2022281.jpg

Shown is the MVP v2 with a R91%, a Smok-e Mountain vanilla S/N 05293 with an IGO-M dripper, and various other stuff and things.

Well friend I have just joined the forum and you can say I am trying hard to quit smoking.. Well I am not able to get much out of your pic but I will try to remain in touch with you and other members..