Tough Decisions On The Vp Units

elem187

So the two systems I'm looking at is the Spade and 510-vp2

on one hand, the 510-vp2 would be great as I can easily switch between 801 and 510 attys and have roughly 8 hours of battery operation before charging.

On the other hand the spade is just f'n stylish as hell.

Is there a difference between vapor production between using the vp2 with a LB-801 and the spade using the 510?

on one hand, the 510-vp2 would be great as I can easily switch between 801 and 510 attys and have roughly 8 hours of battery operation before charging.

Is there a difference between vapor production between using the vp2 with a LB-801 and the spade using the 510?

The VP units give you extended vape time, not improved vapor, that is what the atty is for. The 801 atty vapes differently than the 801 Low Bridge atty. The 510 will vape the same on a VP2 much longer than on the stock batt. That is the only benefit of a VP2, extended vape time. You will have to decide if you want form or function. With the Spade you have both (but not for 8 to 9 hours like the VP2) but you can't switch to a better atty if you decide to go with an 801. Currently the 801, in my opinion is the best vapor producer on the market. Jeso has adapters for the VP2 that allow you to use a 510 on the VP2 but it's not as stylish as the Spade. Your decision, you have to live with it. Personally, I don't care about style anymore, I haven't been "cool" for 20 years. I still wear Levis 501's and button downs and sock garters!

I don't personally own a 510 atty, but according to all the posts I've read you will notice a difference in vapor production between the two. As I'm sure you're aware the 801 LBs are a forum favorite because of their high vapor production. As to the Spade vs the VP2 my understanding is that the voltage supplied is the same, but the VP2 obviously has a longer battery life. So really the difference in vapor production is purely a function of the atomizer you choose to use. If I was in your position I think I would opt for the VP2...

Yea the Spade is really nice looking, I actually ordered one. I am a 510 user so that just seemed to make sense for me. Though I also ordered the VP Passthrough as well to use at home. That way I can sit home with the PT and use the larger 801 atomizer. On the go, the Spade with the 510 atty is just smaller and more streamlined. Plus the black is so much more stealthy and slick looking. The VP2 looks great but I didn't really want something that big or shiny.

Shane

Thanks for this post. I think it just answered some of my questions. I've been sitting here trying to think of a good way to ask my questions without sounding like an idiot and decided to read some first. And what do I see? There are some of my answers without me having to ask. Wow!! You guys are good!! :thumbsup:

I've had the 510 for almost 2 weeks and just got my replacement charger for my VP2 a few days ago, so have been comparing them. I've been thinking that I'm getting better vapor from the 510 and wasn't sure why. Wanted to ask if the low bridge attys made that much difference. I guess they do. I really like the battery life on the VP2, but really need much more vapor than I'm getting. I've been watching every day for Arno to get some low bridge attys in, but so far, nothing. Guess I'll just keep waiting and watching. I want more vapor!!

Anyway, thanks to everyone for all the wonderful information. I really appreciate it.

Thanks for this post. I think it just answered some of my questions. I've been sitting here trying to think of a good way to ask my questions without sounding like an idiot and decided to read some first. And what do I see? There are some of my answers without me having to ask. Wow!! You guys are good!! :thumbsup:

I've had the 510 for almost 2 weeks and just got my replacement charger for my VP2 a few days ago, so have been comparing them. I've been thinking that I'm getting better vapor from the 510 and wasn't sure why. Wanted to ask if the low bridge attys made that much difference. I guess they do. I really like the battery life on the VP2, but really need much more vapor than I'm getting. I've been watching every day for Arno to get some low bridge attys in, but so far, nothing. Guess I'll just keep waiting and watching. I want more vapor!!

Anyway, thanks to everyone for all the wonderful information. I really appreciate it.

Welcome to the "check AwesomeVapor.com for LB 801s everyday" club. I'm in the same boat, can't wait till Arno gets more in stock so I can see what all the buzz is about myself. I'm actually happy with the vapor production from the high bridge 801s as well as my BE112s, but these forums haven't steered me wrong yet, and the praise for the LB 801 attys is undeniable. Now I just gotta get a really nice 5v USB PT.

Welcome to the "check AwesomeVapor.com for LB 801s everyday" club. I'm in the same boat, can't wait till Arno gets more in stock so I can see what all the buzz is about myself. I'm actually happy with the vapor production from the high bridge 801s as well as my BE112s, but these forums haven't steered me wrong yet, and the praise for the LB 801 attys is undeniable. Now I just gotta get a really nice 5v USB PT.

Can't go wrong with the VP-PT. Good price and awesome performance. Oh, I like the club name. Cool! :jump:

Wow my members have all grown up! Damn it what do I do now? ;)

As everyone has said, the VP2 and Spade will perform about the same other than battery life. :) The only exception is that the Spade is created from hardened aluminum so it's much much lighter than than say the VP1 or VP2.

By the way it looks like we'll be shipping everyones unit out early next week ;)

Wow, all the recomendations for the low bridge 801's has me wondering...

Because, the RN4072 appears to be nothing but a low bridge 801 and I was totally NOT impressed.

I have about 25 801 attys now but all are high bridge... Except for the 1 atty that shipped with my Joye Stick a little over a week ago... I looked at it, and it's low bridge, but 801? RN4072?? Who the hell knows, so I just tossed it in the box with the other new attys...

Hummm...

<_<:iiam:

I say if its your 1st go with the one that has the longer battery life (VP-2) which is very cool looking too. I just like having to deal with battery changes as little as possible.

Both the units perform at 3.7 volts so the vapor production will be the same is using the same atty.

Derek

Edited by VapnRealtor

Wow, all the recomendations for the low bridge 801's has me wondering...

Because, the RN4072 appears to be nothing but a low bridge 801 and I was totally NOT impressed.

I have about 25 801 attys now but all are high bridge... Except for the 1 atty that shipped with my Joye Stick a little over a week ago... I looked at it, and it's low bridge, but 801? RN4072?? Who the hell knows, so I just tossed it in the box with the other new attys...

Hummm...

<_<:iiam:

Why don't you vape on it and see if it makes a difference. Or if you have something that vapes better than an 801 Low Bridge, I for one would like to know what it is.

• 2 weeks later...

OMG! The answer is obvious. Buy both! When you're using The Force or The Schwartz carry your VP2 and when you're fighting crime on the streets of Gotham carry the Spade! :shiftyninja: