Aspire Nautilus real and fake tanks

As some of you know I took a shot and ordered 2 Nautilus tanks on ebay for $18 each. Now I wasn't expecting it to be legit but thought what the hell, if it was legit then score, if not then I hope it works like the real deal. Well I got tired of waiting for this thing to come in the mail and happen to find a decent deal at a local B&M. $36 for a nautilus was good enough for me to pull the trigger on two of em. I immediately shipped one of them to a friend of mine but made sure they were legit, sure enough they were. My buddy loves this thing and so do I. Well finally the ebay nautilus tanks came in today, only took nearly a month (5 days shy I think). Well they are fake, boxes look very close to the real deal but check the serial number and sure enough they are fake as all get out. Both boxes have the same serial number for pete sake. Ebay seller is venadeal...looks like most stuff he sells is fake. Havnt tried the tanks out to see how well they work but I will in a few as soon as my mego-twist charges up. Just thought id give you guys a heads up and a review. stay vaping my friends

I've made it a rule I won't buy off ebay. Too much crap floating around. Hopefully your fakes work out ok, the legit nautlius is a real beast for a clearomizer. Pretty great flavor too. I found a place that sold a 5 pack of coil heads for 9.99 and most charge 15.99 so I hope those are legit coils. Should de.

just did a side by side...looks first

1. fake one's top cap is slightly different with raised knurled side and flatter top section

2. fake one's drip tip isn't polished but machined finish..(I kinda like it better)

3. fake one's glass cylinder is ever so slightly narrower

now function

1. fake one's air valve isn't as smooth as the real deal but looks identical and for the most part functions just as well

other than that they work just like the real deal, they perform just like the real thing.

there is an online vendor World of Vape that is selling the Nautilus for $24-$25. wasn't sure about their reputation so I got mine with all the other stuff I ordered from Kidney Puncher.

there is an online vendor World of Vape that is selling the Nautilus for $24-$25. wasn't sure about their reputation so I got mine with all the other stuff I ordered from Kidney Puncher.

Yeah I gave $22 online when I caught a sale with a reputable online vendor. I've run across them lots of places in that price range, but I read the online vaping version of "the sales papers."

I'm running a stainless tank with polycarbonate viewing window on mine. I could have gotten a Kayfun for about the same as this setup, but they serve different purposes. The Nautilus is always ready to go, when I get home and break down the kayfun, I grab the Nautilus. When I'm working and run out of juice in the Kayfun the Nautilus comes out. For no reason at all I grab the Nautilus, it just makes a good second tank.

It's like comparing apples and boots. Each has it's own purpose. Also if I have a juice on the strong side flavor wise, I can put it in something like the Nautilus which takes the edge off but produces great vapor.

I'm thinking I might have bought some fake Kanger Protanks and Protank Coils from my brick and mortar store. I don't think he'd sell fakes on purpose but I think his supplier may have pulled a fast one on him. I'm planning to order an aero tank solely because of PBusardos video I saw last night, I had decided against getting one right now until I saw that video.

I've ordered a few tanks and coils from eBay... so far, I've not received any fakes or clones. One of my KPT2's looked odd, but the serial # checked out as genuine. I was worried about it because it is about 1mm taller than my other KPT2's, and the glass looks thinner... but it functions fine! I guess I've just been lucky with my purchases...

Personally, I'd have no issues with buying/using a clone... as long as I bought it for a "clone price", and knew upfront that it was a clone, rather than paying full-price for an original, and getting taken.

I did buy some "factory" rebuilt coils from eBay, before I knew the difference between genuine and knock-offs... they were the correct ohms, and worked... but did not last as long as the real-deal, before tasting burnt. Probably inferior wicks?... So, I didn't save any $ there because they were still over a buck each :( Live and learn.... But at least I can re-use the bases for rebuilds :)

Yeah I gave $22 online when I caught a sale with a reputable online vendor. I've run across them lots of places in that price range, but I read the online vaping version of "the sales papers."

I'm running a stainless tank with polycarbonate viewing window on mine. I could have gotten a Kayfun for about the same as this setup, but they serve different purposes. The Nautilus is always ready to go, when I get home and break down the kayfun, I grab the Nautilus. When I'm working and run out of juice in the Kayfun the Nautilus comes out. For no reason at all I grab the Nautilus, it just makes a good second tank.

It's like comparing apples and boots. Each has it's own purpose. Also if I have a juice on the strong side flavor wise, I can put it in something like the Nautilus which takes the edge off but produces great vapor.

I'm thinking I might have bought some fake Kanger Protanks and Protank Coils from my brick and mortar store. I don't think he'd sell fakes on purpose but I think his supplier may have pulled a fast one on him. I'm planning to order an aero tank solely because of PBusardos video I saw last night, I had decided against getting one right now until I saw that video.

Didn't see his video. I'll check it out. Won't effect my decision to get an Aerotank though. I'm sitting in my kitchen waiting on vape mail from USPS and fedex. I have an Aerotank, Aerotank mini and mini davide coming today. Find it hard to believe the Aerotank is gonna outperform the Nautilus. I've seen a few comparison reviews between the two and every one says the Nautilus wins hands down. No worries though....I'm pretty much in the "buy one of everything" mode right now so I can see what I like and what I don't.

Kayfun is a tank? I've been seeing the name in posts but haven't done the research. what is the advantage/disadvantage to using one?

Jerry, you'll have to review that AeroTank Mini for me... I "think" I want want, but not sure if the base is worth the triple-price over a KPT3 mini.... I can get the KPT3 minis for $8-10 all day long (online), or $12.99 from my preferred B&M... and the cheapest I've seen the AT mini is $29 :(

Edited by Earthling789

Jerry, you'll have to review that AeroTank Mini for me... I "think" I want want, but not sure if the base is worth the triple-price over a KPT3 mini.... I can get the KPT3 minis for $8-10 all day long... and the cheapest I've seen the AT mini is $29 :(

My suspision is that as long as my tank has the kind of airflow I enjoy (I do mouth to lung so I like a somewhat tight drag) then the airflow adjustability issue is moot. The Nautilus is an awesome tank and I don't regret my purchase but I set that sucker on the second to tightest airflow setting and leave it thaere. I'm guessing the Aerotank/Aerotank mini will be the same way.

My main thinking behind the mini Aero and davide was that I wanted the "top of the line" tank for my eGo batteries. Been using MT3s and they are okay, but I'm assuming the mini davide/aero are better. Plus they are visually appealing to me. and they have glass tanks.

If you like the tighter draw for mouth-to-lung hits, then you'd really like the KPT3 mini (and cheaper price)... I find the draw on it is perfectly suited to that style. I'll assume the AT mini will require a lot of restriction to match that airflow?

I've not pulled the trigger on a Nautilus for three reasons... 1, I don't want another coil to keep up with, 2, price, and 3, I like a tighter draw, so even on my AeroTank or KPT2's with AeroBases, I have them restricted pretty tight.

I hate having to keep up with all the coils iv got. kanger single, kanger duel, t3s, elego, and now nautilus coils. I do like the large capacity of the nautilus tanks and the taste.

My local B&M is a small shop, and they have limited selection... but now that I know what I'm looking for, it's easy to spot that they are selling a LOT of clones or knock-offs... at "genuine" prices. They do have some authentic equipment, but you have to make sure that the box or package they hand you actually contains what it should!

They have a bad habit (probably on purpose) to show you a genuine article from the case, and hand you a clone / knock-off when you buy.... Needless to say, I don't think they'll be in business around here much longer, which is sad, because the next closest B&M is 25 miles away (closed on Sundays, and only open 10am-6pm the rest of the week)... although they DO have quality products and good selection!

Jerry, you'll have to review that AeroTank Mini for me... I "think" I want want, but not sure if the base is worth the triple-price over a KPT3 mini.... I can get the KPT3 minis for $8-10 all day long (online), or $12.99 from my preferred B&M... and the cheapest I've seen the AT mini is $29 :(

/earthling. still waiting to review that mini AT. It's not working welkl for me at all. I'm trying to make sure I'm checking all the variables. O-ring seal, airflow restriction, coil functionality, proper wicking, etc. The thing is putting out vaor like one of those candy cigarettes I used to "smoke" when I was a kid. It seems as if it would be a wick/coil issue but I'm on the second coil and the problem hasn't been corrected.

I don't want to give it a negative review if it is simply a defective unit.

Edited by jerryjoe

• 2 weeks later...

Man I've been looking for this post for almost a week. I couldn't remember the thread or who had asked me to review it. I went ahead and did the review "video" style and then couldn't figure how to upload it to VT so I uploaded it to youtube. So now I have a Kanger Aerotank Mini review along with some serious heavy hitters like PBusardo and the like.

Please be warned. This video was not really intended to compete with those professional quality reviews. I am not an actor nor do I possess any video editing software (or a fancy video camera for that matter). I'm kinda camerea shy and was finding it hard to make eye contact with the camera. Tha being said,. it's definitely a KAT mini review. Hope it helps Earthling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfKaIilfpOc&feature=em-upload_owner

Like I said I couldn't remember who had asked me to review the tank which is why I tell Charlie I hope he liked the video at the end. Sorry guys, short term memory loss is a b**ch.

Just watched the video... Kudos! Your first YT video was better than many people's 500th video, lol.

I like my draw tighter, which is why I like my EVOD and KPT3 minis so well on my eGo batteries, and you hit the main point I was after... that the Air Flow Control Valve on the AT mini just wasn't worth the expenditure since it leans towards "open/airy" draws on all but the lowest settings. I think if Kanger (and retailers) would drop this tank down to $13.99 like I've paid for my two regular AT's, they'd sell a lot more of them, especially to those people who want a more airy-draw....

Thanks again for the video review... it was really informative, especially with your comparisons made to other tanks. It really helps to understand differences when you relate one to another like that! OH, and NOT hitting the tank and blowing room-filling clouds was a plus! That is the one thing that drives me nuts on YT videos... I equate those that attempt to fill the room to n00bs on sport-bikes popping wheelies and stoppies on the freeway to show off... it gives real riders (vapers in this case) a bad image to the general public!