E-Cigs vs. E-Liquid

Hey guys,

As you may or may not have read,

I'm very new to the vaping world, so I was wondering if someone could give me the low-down on e-cigs vs. e-liquids, and which one is better (pros and cons work). I like to hear a lot of people's opinions, then go from there. Right now, I'm vaping and I haven't really tried e-cigs, I'm wondering should I? Or should I stick with the regular vaping.

Thanks!

Jazz

I tried the e-cig route... hated it...

The batteries don't have much capacity, nor do the cartomizers... the vapor production (and taste) dropped off to nothing, quickly... and the price for disposables was costing me more than actual smoking! The rechargeables were just not cutting it too (prices were outrageous compared to an eGo-style kit), and lack of "flavor" offerings is soooo limited for e-cigs, compared to vaping.

The only advantage to e-cig for me was they were small and don't draw the attention my larger eGo battery and clearomizer do in public places.

Its mostly just different terminology, when I got started not that long ago it was all e-cigs and the cigarette look-a-like devices were called cigalikes.

IMO, stick with something like the Ego style devices like this to start with if you want something really cheap http://www.fadoravapor.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=31_32&products_id=52

I paid about $30 for a similar device locally, which was only half as much as I spent on a stupid blue starter kit a year before that's collecting dust somewhere.

I quickly moved up to an MVP 2.0 that i paid about $40 for and it was way nicer, but starting out with a box mod isn't for everyone, which is why I recommend the Ego-T type batteries and clearomizers.

I paid over $100 more than two years ago for a cigalike kit with charger/case two batteries and about 10 or 20 cartridges. Didn't make it through three cartridges. It was that bad. Like it was already mentioned, about the only advantage of the look alike was it's small size and look of an analog. That would be good if you were trying to make peoplke think you were smoking a real cigarette, imo. Don't know why anyone would want to do that. As for me I LIKE walking about town with my eGo. I'm sure I'll like it with my spinner too. Not sure I'll be lugging around the ZMAX lol. I want people to come up to me and ask me what I have. What is that? What does it do? You mean it's not tobacco? Where does that smoke come from (ah, glad you asked ma'am, but that isn't smoke it's vapor).

Its all E-Liquid no matter what you vape. Blu's and other overpriced carto garbage are just pre-filled for you. There is no difference, other than taste, between a pre-filled e-cig carto and filling a tank.

Thanks for clearing that up, now I won't sound like a total noob :) thanks, I think I know which route I'm going haha I'd rather do it myself

• 1 month later...

I started out with V2 cigs as well several years ago and gave them up. The batteries were horrible (as with most cig-a-likes). They don't last long and go bad (stop taking a charge) after a few weeks of use.

The difference between the older "e-cig" style devices you see at gas stations and the stuff that's available now is night and day. The options available for batteries, tanks and juice is phenomenal.

All this stuff sounds a bit daunting at first. Batteries, atomizers, cartomizers, clearomizers, juices, tanks . . . it is a lot to take in. Having a local vaping shop for some hands-on advice helps alot. They are popping up everywhere - check around online, I'm sure you've got one nearby. Most smoke shops are now starting to sell e-cigs as well. Also, check out the sticky in the newbie section for some terminology and definitions.

I'll try to clear up the terminology a bit for you:

E-Cig

The first "vaping" devices that came out 7 or 8 years ago. Roughly the same size and shape as a regular cigarette. Disposable cartridges containing flavored nicotine juice screw on the back, they are activated with a little button (manual) or by simply taking a "drag" on the device (automatic).

Pro's:

Small size resembles a regular cigarette

Pretty cheap to get started with

Easier to operate - cartridges are disposable, when used, you just throw them away and screw on a new one

Con's

Over time, buying cartridges and replacement batteries will eat up your $$

Very limited flavor selection

Batteries don't last long, and go bad fairly quickly (last a couple months at best)

Crappy vapor production and generally crappy flavor

You will hate it

E-Liquid

By this I assume you are referring to a vaping device where you have to refill it with juice when you run out, rather than just unscrew the little cartridge and replace it. There are hundreds of models and variations to choose from, but they all basically involve:

1. a battery

2. a tank

3. your favorite flavored e-juice or e-liquid (same thing, different names)

The battery provides power, the tank contains your juice and vaporizes it for inhalation.

Pro's:

Almost limitless customization

Almost limitless flavor availability (seriously, EVERY FLAVOR YOU CAN IMAGINE. If you want to vape chocolate cheesy pina colada with a hint of cow manure, I'm sure someone has a juice for it)

Very good parts compatibility (for the most part, your batteries and tanks are almost always completely interchangeable with each other)

Excellent vapor production and flavor compared to the older "cig-a-likes"

Long term, cheaper to use and best of all - you will actually use it!

Con's:

The devices are larger - from cigar-sized to looking like the handle of a light saber

You *can* spend a fortune - but you don't have to

Maintenance - when the tank runs dry, you have to refill it. Eventually your tank's coils will burn out, and you have to replace them. These are not difficult things to do, but they are a little more involved than just replacing the screw-on cartridges

Anyway, hope this helps and welcome to the forum!