Ohm question

I have a dumb question ;) I have a 1.8 ohm coil in my Nautilus and it usually reads 1.9 on the MVP. I noticed that it is reading 2.0 today. Is this an indication that the coil is going bad? It is not tasting burnt yet but has been in for two weeks or so. I figure that it's due to "go". Just curious LOL

I would say if the ohms of the coil r increasing, it's probably getting close to burning out. Of course this isn't the only reason i could be going up, just the most likely. As long as you r getting good vapor production and flavor I wouldn't change it out. Just make sure to carry an extra coil with u while out and about.

I've seen mine change up or down 0.1 Ohms on a regular basis, which I'm sure is due to "rounding error" or the general accuracy of the MOD's meter... I usually don't pay much attention to it. I've tested a couple of my coils against a friend's REAL coil-meter, and there was a difference between the two. For accuracy, I would trust a real coil-meter over the MOD's meter any day!

Like BigClouds said, a resistance change doesn't necessarily mean it is going bad, although a large jump higher would lead you to believe failure is close. Carry an extra coil just in case, but it may continue to function just fine for another day... or another week... or even longer.

Like he said it could be starting to be on it's last leg but many VV/VW devices are not terribly accurate at reading. Just close enough. I find removing the coil and screwing it back in will usually change the reading slightly if it's off. It's not going to hurt anything so just use it until it needs replaced. Love my nautilus tank and I sometimes have a 1.8 coil head read at 1.9 on my vamo v5, It's normal sometimes.

The ohms do change when the coil is under load or wet with juice. Just the nature of electronics and doesn't necessarily mean failure. Also, the ohms change with coil use as deposits build up on the coil. Usually it's pretty nominal and not critical.

Thanks guys! I appreciate the info :) Wouldn't hurt to carry extra coils around even though I carry the MVP and it's little "sister" the itaste vv 3.0 both in my purse. I like to be prepared.....;)

"Be Prepared"... The Boy Scout Motto!

When I'm "out and about", I always carry a spare eGo battery and coil, and sometimes I'll even bring a spare tank and 10ml of juice, too...

You never know when you'll have failure of equipment, breakage, or bet out longer than you expect.

Obey Murphy's Law :)