New guy to vaping here.

NCCNC

So I havent smoked a cig in about 2 years, and havent had a dip in about 6 months, but I loved to smoke and have craved it since I quit. My buddy showed me his e cig a few weeks ago, so I decided to jump on board. I purchased the Joyetech Ego-c and have been mildly happy with it, but being a gadget junkie, I am waiting on a Kayfun lite plus (the real deal), and a nemesis clone. Both should be here by friday. I am new to e cigs, but have been working with flashlights for years now, so even though I know it is not recomended to jump right into mechanical mods, I have a pretty good grasp on Battery output and care (will be using panasonic 18650 protected cells). I love to tinker with stuff so the rebuildable atomizer, is right up my alley. All in all, I am looking forward to getting into this more and more. I also see a ProVari in my immediate future as well. I am a machinist by trade and plan on making a few of my own mechanincal mods too. I have looked around and already have a few designs in mind that I am playing with in FeatureCam.

Please, If anyone has any advice or warning of something that a beginner to vaping will need to watch out for, please speak up! I would appriciate it.

Thanks from North Carolina!

Just make sure you check your ohms after you build your coils, and you will be fine. Other then that, it's a real fun habit/hobby for us tinkerers... Lol

I will make sure to do that! Thanks!

Depending on what ohm coils you build you may want to look at a different battery, particularly if you sub-ohm your coil(s). A "protected" battery in a mech mod with sub-ohm coils may not be a good match.

Depending on what ohm coils you build you may want to look at a different battery, particularly if you sub-ohm your coil(s). A "protected" battery in a mech mod with sub-ohm coils may not be a good match.

I have access to a multitude of batteries, from my flashlight addiction. I will read more about it and keep that in mind.

Thanks!