Question about my VV/VW

I have a Sigelei ZMAX 5 on the way. I've read the thread here about the way VV/VW devices work. I understand that once I find my "sweet spot" with my wattage (the ZMAX 5 ranges between 3 and 15 watts) that the unit will automatically adjust for the proper voltage corresponding to the resistance (ohms) of my coil.

My plan was to attach my nautilus tank with 1.6 ohm bdc and start with 3 watts and work my way upwards until I find that spot.

I've also conferred with the chart that twelveday posted back in February 2012 and, if I'm reading it correctly, it is telling me that anything over 8 watts may start melting stuff. That doesn't sound good.

My head is telling me they wouldn't sell a unit that went to 15 watts with a tank utilizing 1.6 ohm coils if it was going to kill somebody. But I honestly don't know. So I'm asking.....Am I going to hurt myself or my device cranking it past 8 watts with 1.6 ohm coils (nautilus bdc coils in a nautilus tank).

You go up a bit on wattage, vape, go up again, vape. When you start tasting the juice that's a little burnt, turn it down. That should be the sweet spot and also a good place for your equipment. If you continue to vape with the burnt taste that wouldn't be...good.

Other than that, you should be fine. Just listen to your taste buds. :)

Your device goes up to 15 watts in case you're using a coil that's high in resistance and needs that much power like 3.0 ohm or higher.

Edited by Tameiki

You go up a bit on wattage, vape, go up again, vape. When you start tasting the juice that's a little burnt, turn it down. That should be the sweet spot and also a good place for your equipment. If you continue to vape with the burnt taste that wouldn't be...good.

Other than that, you should be fine. Just listen to your taste buds. :)

Your device goes up to 15 watts in case you're using a coil that's high in resistance and needs that much power like 3.0 ohm or higher.

Thanks Tam. Kinda what I figured but I'm all about asking when it comes to face melting or eyeball destruction.