Wondering how you guys do it

I tried a different inhaling technique today. I had tried it before with no success.

When I was smoking analogs I would inhale into my mouth, wait a split second then take the smoke into my lungs. From the beginning of my switch to vapor, especially when I was vaping tobacco flavors, I used the same technique. From time to time I would try to inhale straight, without the pause. Never had any luck til today.

I'm wondering if anyone has an idea why?

I'm using my eGo-V vv 650mah with kanger MT3. When I do the inhale into mouth/pause thing I usually run it around 4.5v-5.5v. The resistance on my single coil is 2.2 ohms. I get an okay cloud, nothing to write home about.

But since I've been doing this straight inhale thing, I have to lower the voltage to 3.0/3.1/3.2.

Keep in mind also that I have switched juice too. I've been using halo tribecca and an assortment of dragon mist flavors for weeks now. All have tobacco flavor in the mix. All are 80%pg/20%vg. All are 24mg nic.

The one I switched to is 70%pg/30%vg, 10mg nic, with no tobacco flavor. It is a light menthol.

When I vape with the pause on 3.0-3.2 I can't even see anything come out of my mouth when I blow out.

When I vape without the pause I get a cloud that is bigger than when I vape with the pause on 5.0.

What the ****?????

Does this make sense to anybody?

How do you guys inhale when you vape?

Personally, I still draw in to the mouth for a good mouthful, then continue the inhale with "air" to "wash it down"... much like I smoked analogs.

One thing affecting your throat-hit is the pg %. Higher pg give a harder throat-hit (and drier throat). Higher vg content give more vapor. Coil resistance and wattages/voltage combos will affect this as well. But I've no clue why you get more vapor by taking a straight inhale, compared to mouth-first... unless your inhale hit is longer and stronger (more volume) as a whole, by comparison? I mean, your mouth is only so big, compared to your lung-capacity, right?

Right. I definitely draw a little longer going straight to the lungs. Obviously, like you said, the lungs have a higher capacity than the mouth.

But if I do the mouth then inhale thing on 3.0 I don't produce any noticeable vapor.

I don't know...I only mention it because it's a curiosity. I'm also wondering if one technique is worse or better.

It seems to me that vaping on a lower voltage and achieving the same or better results is the way to go, right.

I mean the lower the voltage one uses the longer your coil will last right?

Well, you have to keep in mind that it's vapor and not smoke. Vapor dissipates more quickly than smoke. Smoke is made of carbon particles. Vapor is just "steam". It's moisture mixed with air. After any length of time the air absorbs the moisture pretty quickly and that's why if you hold the hit for any length of time it just dissipates whether you exhale or not.