Ebay Nautilus warning

I got a set of nautilus coils where the center pin was too short to make contact so everyone of them read as an open circuit in both my SVD & VTR, The measured fine with a DMM but were unseable.

I've bought several things from eBay, including tanks and coils, without any problems. You just have to read the descriptions carefully (checking for genuine, sealed products, not clones), check feedback, and "tread lightly". A lot of B&M shops also have a presence on eBay, so I look for those as well.

To the OP, if you paid with PayPal, you are covered for a refund if the seller does not refund or replace defective merchandise, but you only have a limited time to make a claim after the auction ended. If you recently received them, let the seller know of the problem and ask for a refund or replacement.... especially if they were "genuine coils", or advertised as such!

Receiving a defective item sucks, I know... I recently ordered an AeroTank from an online vendor, and received a factory-sealed defective unit (missing center pin on the base). The retailer shipped a replacement same-day... before I could even have a chance to return the defective one... so some sellers will work to make it right.

I am sure some people and shops have good experiences with EBay. I spend $3000 a month on Ebay Motors myself; it is a great form of advertising and we have great success with it.. I am just saying when it comes to small items like coils, batteries, and tanks it is not worth the potential hassle to deal on EBay. Mods, Hybrids, etc maybe but the standard stuff never.

I just have very little sympathy for getting bad crap off Ebay. Sorry if that sounds harsh but in the year + I have been active in this forum I have seen as many EBay complaints as every other vendor combined.

I find the best way to get good deals and great service is to pick a vendor and stick with them. Just my path, may not be right for everyone.

Well it all relative, saving even a few bucks a month using ebay for me is beneficial, but if I had the cash to spend $3k a month on car parts I wouldn't miss with it either:) I'm a car guy too so I figured it be OK to lob a grenade at you!

Well it all relative, saving even a few bucks a month using ebay for me is beneficial, but if I had the cash to spend $3k a month on car parts I wouldn't miss with it either:) I'm a car guy too so I figured it be OK to lob a grenade at you!

Not car parts, I run a Automotive group. We advertise on EBay.

• 3 weeks later...

The ebay case was supposed to close on 5/28, I sent them pictures showing how short the coils are. Ebay looked at my record some 100 purchases last year with no complaints, but they still have the case open.

I have since bought more nautilus coils off ebay from a different vendor and they work fine.