New to vaping, help!

cschmall

Ok fifty is not bad

The stem is the vertical piece that the rubber gasket is around,

Remove the rubber gasket.

You will see that the stem is press fit into the coil body. Rock the stem off the coil body. This exposes the actual coil and you will see the wicks.

Sometimes you end to screw the coil in to the base to remove the stem to get a better hold on it. You can add a small piece of cotton over the top of the coil then press fit the stem back on. Add your rubber seal and give it a shot. If you put too much you can stop the flow so you'll just have to play with it.

By the way, this is how I dry burn the coil when it's really gunked up. Remove the stem, set coil up on base and burn it dry

Started leaking again, and now stopped again.. but now the battery doesn't seem to be working properly... The led only flashes it's cycle when I turn it on (once red, then once green) and then doesn't do anything, no matter what, unless I plug it in, then it flashes red once, then green a few times, and then stays steady green. I'm already getting fed up with this crap....

I haven't had any issues with the vape I bought at a gas station, for 1/5 the price of this... This is a bit ridiculous.

Okay. Let's back up

What voltage do you have it set to?

When you press the power button to vape what color does it show? Or, what color does the battery indicator show?

3.5V on a 1.5 ohm dual-coil should be pulling 8.2W, which is within the sweet-spot for your battery. A 2.0 ohm coil at that Voltage should pull 6.1W, and that is still within the operational limits of your battery. I have no suggestions on the function issues you're seeing. If the battery is charged fully, based on the Voltage setting you're using, everything should be fine... unless of course the coil has died. Have you tried another coil? Have you tried higher Voltage settings? Say 3.7 - 4.2 range, especially if you're using a 2.0 ohm coil?

As for the tank leaking issue... coils are the usual suspect, but I had a ProTank 3 mini leak because the upper/lower rings were not screwed tightly down on the Pyrex tank. This created an air leak (minor one) that allowed the vacuum seal to break, and the wicks were able to constantly wick juice and drip it down onto the battery contact... eventually flooding the entire tube (overnight). This was a horrible surprise on my first hit of the morning :) I took the tank apart, cleaned it, checked all the o-rings, assembled it snug, replaced the coil and not had a leak since then.

The battery seems to be working as it was before again, just no Orange/yellow lights like it's apparently supposed to have :unsure: I also took the tank completely apart, cleaned everything, I'll see how that goes then.