Question about Mechanical Mod Dripping.

So I got my first big boy pv today. A nemesis with a rebuildable atty. However, I am very new to dripping and I know that I am doing it wrong. I'm getting a lot of super warm burnty tasting draws. Sometimes I get a smooth warm amazing tasty draw with huge clouds but I can't do in consistently. Actually 6 out of 10 of my draws are burnt or off tasting. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

How many drops on the wick do you normally do? Also what is the indication that you are ready to redrip the wick. Maybe I just have to get used to my device.

Any help will be much appreciated.

I don't have an ohm meter. The I just bought it today from my local vape shop from a very reputable builder. I'm sure that it's where it's supposed to be. I think it's really just me. My technique or something.

I should also note that after he set it up for me he also dripped the juice the first time to saturate the wick, I took like 5 or so draws from that that tasted absolutely perfect. So maybe it's the way I'm adding more juice?

What type of tank/RBA do you have? What does your build look like?

You should drench the wick/cotton. You should be replenishing the wick every few times. Also depends on the juice you are using. Do you know your pg/vg mix?

So I just saw a pic of your juices. Looks like you have mostly around 40/60 so pretty thick. Depending on the style of your tank/wick whatever your going to have to keep it wet pretty often.

Edited by Bebop12

There's a good chance it's either air draw or the liquid isn't wicking as fast as you're firing.

Are you using organic cotton or silica for the wick? I'd guess it's silica since it came from a shop build, I'd think they'd use it because of the user friendliness, long lasting nature of silica.

If it's silica, when you're looking at the coils and wick, does it look like the wick could easily be removed and replaced? As in there's not some fancy routing/knot work that you wouldn't be able to reproduce if you removed the wick to reinsert it?

If it's a normal wick that can easily be replaced, and it's made of silica, I suggest picking up a bag of organic cotton balls when you pass by like a CVS or Wallgreens something like that, if you can get in the same vicinity as one sometime soon.

If you are able to get some organic cotton, let me know and I might can help out. It should run about $3 for a huge bag that equates to like a 1 year supply lol.

Organic cotton balls are the way to go. I boil mine before I use just to be safe.

Keep your wick soaked in juice. Do you have a hole in your atty? How big?

I put a smaller hole on opposite side as I like just a little more flow. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

The key to this level of vapeing is understanding that it's a bit like a puzzle. I'f you have all the pieces, your in good shape. If you're missing one or more it can lead to poor performance or worse.... Knowing the type and ohm your coil is, wicking material, battery specs, air hole size and location on the rda.... are for the most part what goes into dripping on a mech mod. Bottom line, it takes some commitment to do it right and well. Never plug and play!