newbie upgrade advice

hi guys, I'm pretty new to vaping(about 2 months) and have been using a evod batt with nautilus bdc tank. so far this setup has served my purpose of quitting chewing tobacco but now I am wanting to continue vaping by upgrading my ecig. a good friend of mine who owns a local shop reccomended the VTR. anyone familiar with this? I'm pretty naive still in terms of the technical aspects but mainly want more vapor. does the vtr come with everything I need(tank,charger etc) and can I use my nautilus with it? thanks guys!

If you mainly want more vapor, that's the juice and the PG/VG ratio. More VG means more vapor, but it also means thicker juice, which will gunk up your coils faster. What PG/VG ratio juice are you using now?

As for the VTR, it's a variable voltage/variable wattage device. You'll need to buy batteries and a good battery charger. It comes with a worthless tank (in my experience), so you'll want something else. The Kanger Pro Tanks and Anyvape Davides work on this one. I'm not sure about the Nautilus as I don't have one of those. The Aero tank works with it, though. While I like mine just fine, my main go-to battery is a Vision Spinner (or rather nine Vision Spinners) and a Magneto mech. The Spinners are variable voltage and a work horse. They work when all the other mods and APVs don't. My two cents. :)

I'm really not sure of the pg/vg levels but have been using epic juice wake & vape and five pawns gambit. I want more vapor but also a more sturdy and durable rig that will last a while and that I can upgrade in the future. I was incorrect in the original post as I'm using the aspire bdc not the nautilus. thanks for the feedback though. most of my friends are "drippers" and while I enjoy the extra vapor and flavor I just don't want to have to carry juice with me all day at work.

My main thing at home is direct dripping with my Spinners and an HH.357 atomizer. When I'm out and about I use the 900 mAh Spinners and an Anyvape Davide mini with a 1.8 ohm coil, 50/50 juice and that gives me plenty of vapor. Sometimes, if I'm chain vaping, there will be a cloud of the stuff that's pretty thick. :)

The VTR is great, but it's also pretty heavy and not exactly what you'd want to put into a pocket to carry around.

I'd suggest the Innokin MVP since the battery is built in and it's smaller and lighter.

It also reads how.much charge it has and the ohms of the coil you put in the tank, the VTR doesn't do those things.

I'd suggest the Innokin MVP since the battery is built in and it's smaller and lighter.

It also reads how.much charge it has and the ohms of the coil you put in the tank, the VTR doesn't do those things.

Yes, it does.

Oh, wait. Sorry, wrong APV. Time for me to back away from the keyboard tonight. :)

Edited by Tameiki

I have to edit 98% of my posts also! Mainly auto correct on my phone screws me up.

I have the VTR,it's ok imo.

But I'd suggest the MVP over it unless you have to have your tanks somewhat protected.

I see it as more of a novelty since it lacks so many features and is heavy as heck, but it looks cool.

Too bad I can't blame my lack of attention to detail on the tech...in that way. My last remaining brain cell that was firing pooped out on me earlier. My iPhone crapped out on me yesterday so I'm learning how Android works. Add a new (free) tablet, and I'm not thinking clearly at all tonight. Lol!

The VTR is nice, but it's not my go-to device. I prefer my Vision Spinners and Magneto. The K100 is close in line, though. :)

My VTR is just ok, I bought it used but looked new for $40 locally.

It's a version #1 which suffers from wheel and connection issues, I finally fixed mine with a new silicone insulator on the positive post.

I have 2 MVP2's and only use my other stuff, including my Twist, for back up. I alternate using the MVPs so I only have to charge a couple times a week. Love that and that I can slap a tank on and go.