QUICK QUESTION SOMEONE EXPERIENCED PLEASE

Hi I have a couple of questions if I could get some help I would very much appreciate it!

I have recently purchased the EVPO E-lvt mod. When doing some research the internet keeps referring to this as the firestone E-lvt. Also when looking at pictures of it online some of the mods said www.firestone-ecig.com on the side of el E-lvt logo. Mine was brand new in the same box I have seen online, however mine did not come with a sticker on the side that says fire stone...nor does it say firestone anywhere else. I went to a vape shop by my house to purchase this. Is firestone and EVPO the same company? Did I buy a knock off? Why doesn't mine have the sticker or say firestone anywhere?

2. The guy at the store put the battery in the 18650 battery for me and I began to use it immediately. Was I supposed to let it charge first? (the battery came with a half charge) does this matter? Also should I use it until it dies until I re charge it?

someone please help. THANK YOU!

I know nothing about your Mod but with the battery, it is fine to vape it at a half charge as it is fine to recharge it any time during the discharge cycle. Lithium Ion Batteries do not develop a memory so you can recharge it anytime you want. Before I had so many in rotation, and I mainly use Vision Spinners and EVod VV over my APV, I used to top off my batteries each night.

The only real rules you want to follow are

1. Always make sure you are using protected batteries (I prefer AW IMR 2000mah for my 18650s) and keep them out of the heat as much as possible

2. Always let them rest after a charge cycle before using them or you can diminish their life expectancy. I always heard to let them rest at least an hour after charging before using them. It is fine however to go from your PV straight to the charger.

Most APVs and Ego Style batteries have cutoff protection to keep you from discharging the battery lower than around 3.2v and keep you from discharging it to a level that will damage it.

Hope this helps. I am just not a Mod guy so sorry I cannot be of help on your first question.

The primary difference between the Protected and Unprotected batteries is that the protected batteries have a small circuit board, typically on the bottom of the battery, that stops the charging or discharge of the battery in certain circumstances. Some of the circumstances in which the circuit include: Over-Charge, Over-Discharge, Short-Circuit, and in some cases, overheating.

Most of them are Red. Here is what I use:

http://www.sweet-vapes.com/shop?page=shop.product_details&flypage=vmj_color_plus.tpl&product_id=371&category_id=23

I do not have a picture of the unit at this time. Do you think I have a reason for concern? also what are the chances of my battery not being protected? if it is, is it dangerous for my health? thank you.

If you had at least a link to where we could see a pic of the unit you bought that would help. You need to go back to the shop where you bought it and ask them if its a protected battery. I can't guess what you have.

Do you have a link to your unit?

I have to agree with B. Most APVs have all those protections built in, and better to use unprotected, in fact suggested by some manufacturers, and will void your warranty with others...protected batteries are best with mechs as they do not have any protections built in

Edited by Aquatroy

I apologize! the company is DVPO and the link I found on google https://www.google.com/search?q=dovpo+e+lvt&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=Ab5jU8r3GImuyQGci4GwAw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1429&bih=817#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=1-oJN6mPgdf3hM%253A%3BD2yub4TOr4uLRM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252F2.bp.blogspot.com%252F-b-aqfZro0Yw%252FUxDCE1zkxnI%252FAAAAAAAAAD0%252FVXlsAJ60oro%252Fs1600%252F270214022021.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.ecigjuicereview.com%252F2014%252F02%252Fthe-e-lvt-tank-of-vape.html%3B1600%3B1200

some units are referred to as firestone and others say dvpo. Mine says nothing with firestone on it. It doesn't say firestone-cigs.com on the side either like other units I've seen either. Are these the same company? So now I'm confused is unprotected or protected batteries better? there in nothing in the manual about this. thank you so much guys for your help

I apologize! the company is DVPO and the link I found on google https://www.google.com/search?q=dovpo+e+lvt&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=Ab5jU8r3GImuyQGci4GwAw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAg&biw=1429&bih=817#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=1-oJN6mPgdf3hM%253A%3BD2yub4TOr4uLRM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252F2.bp.blogspot.com%252F-b-aqfZro0Yw%252FUxDCE1zkxnI%252FAAAAAAAAAD0%252FVXlsAJ60oro%252Fs1600%252F270214022021.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.ecigjuicereview.com%252F2014%252F02%252Fthe-e-lvt-tank-of-vape.html%3B1600%3B1200

some units are referred to as firestone and others say dvpo. Mine says nothing with firestone on it. It doesn't say firestone-cigs.com on the side either like other units I've seen either. Are these the same company? So now I'm confused is unprotected or protected batteries better? there in nothing in the manual about this. thank you so much guys for your help

I think what they are saying, is if you have a mechanical mod (ei. no circuit boards, etc) then you should use a protected battery. However, if you have a vv/vw mod, such as a vamo or vtr, they have this protection already built in, so you should use unprotected batteries with these units.

I could be wrong, but thats what I gathered from it.

Some of the pictures in the link you posted show the website logo, but some do not. I am lead to believe that the photos that have the logo were put there after the fact. In other words, I don't think the actual units have that logo, I think they were added to the picture.

Again, I could be wrong. But that's my analysis! Lol

Edited by mvince201

I figured it was mechanical, seems all I see anymore are noobs buying advanced mechanicals and then rebuilding without the proper equipment or knowledge.

If it is an APV then you would want unprotected.

The person at the store told me he put a protected battery in there. I told him I wanted something durable that is why he showed me this mod.I believe it is an APV and I have a protected battery in there. I was told it was the best battery to get. is this okay? I know the device has protection as well.