First build help

bconaway

I started out building standard micro and nano coils. Check out some YouTube tutorials. RiP Trippers gave me the basic knowledge when I was beginning, and even before that. A 5/64 drill bit comes in handy for wrapping.

I started out building standard micro and nano coils. Check out some YouTube tutorials. RiP Trippers gave me the basic knowledge when I was beginning, and even before that. A 5/64 drill bit comes in handy for wrapping.

Exactly what I did I actually watched a couple hours of riptrippers before deciding I have to get an rda. Builds are a lot easier that they appear, what I will say is that safety is the most important thing. Investing in a solid ohm reader would be suggested or owning a device with an spot on atty reader. Remember battery safety, buying a high end protected battery helps but it can not be the only thing you take into account. I would suggest starting at no lower than a .5 ohm coil if you have never dripped before. On a standard mechanical mod it may "chuck the vape" like the other people you may know or see on youtube, but it will be plenty of smoke production and give something to work off of. Remember the thicker the wire (gauge of wire gets thicker as the gauge gets smaller) the less resistance it will have, ie you will need to have more wraps on your coil/coils to get to a higher resistance.

Again, SAFETY FIRST!!!!

Good luck and have fun.

Thats how I learned. Rip Trippers videos are very good. I built my first micro coil in my kfl+ using his video. He came out at 1.3 I came out at 1.48. Go figure. And get an ohms meter first. Also get a ohms law calculator and vapors toolbox for android. I use them to build my coils. Awsome apps to have.

If you post a little more about your setup people might can give some more specific advice. I started building last night, I used silica wick and it was a pain and tasted funny, used organic cotton balls and it was sooooo much better, I mean WAY better. Also, the drill bit is a great idea, I had to build for pretty high ohms because I'm using an MVP 2.0 VV/VW.

Something else I found helpful is when you wrap your coils, leave the drillbit or whatever you use through the middle while you place the wires in or around the posts, this helps keep the coil straight and tight while you "finagle" the wires into place, and if you're using cotton from cotton balls for the wicks its easy to pull out the drill bit and then put the cotton through the coil.

With cotton make sure you thoroughly prime the wicks before firing it, because if it fires with a dry spot it goes "poof"

Good really small needle nose pliars help, and blunt nose wire cutters or fingernail clippers.