How can you tell if you have a fake battery?

I just purchased a sony vtc4, well at least i think i did.

I have a .26 ohm build on it and its getting really hot, im at 14.23 amps. is it normal for it to get hot or do you think i got a fake? I bought it at Dark Vapes (a store at the mall in Temecula Ca.

I will post a couple of pictures in a min.

It has 3 vents, Check with black ring, Check and the right color (varies a bit) Check has the square code, Check so far so good.

Would like to be able to read the writing and see if that is correct. If it says (Sony 31) then your good. If not, could still be Legit, just not from the main factory in Japan. Like any thing mass produced bad ones can/do happen, all be it rare for Sony batteries, still possible. :)

More then likely you are experiencing voltage loss which is causing you to put out more amps then you thinks check all connections, for cleanliness as well as your 510. What type of mod and with a .26 I'm thinking a dripping atty? Which one? How did you measure your ohms?

All questions that can help us help you!

It has 3 vents, Check with black ring, Check and the right color (varies a bit) Check has the square code, Check so far so good.

Would like to be able to read the writing and see if that is correct. If it says (Sony 31) then your good. If not, could still be Legit, just not from the main factory in Japan. Like any thing mass produced bad ones can/do happen, all be it rare for Sony batteries, still possible. :)

it says (top line) "SE US18650VTC4 C4"

(bottom line) "G 0760041WA6B"

With a big RJ to the right but the R is backwards

More then likely you are experiencing voltage loss which is causing you to put out more amps then you thinks check all connections, for cleanliness as well as your 510. What type of mod and with a .26 I'm thinking a dripping atty? Which one? How did you measure your ohms?

All questions that can help us help you!

I measured with a ohm meter at the Vape shop i got the battery. I have a patriot and a K101

Hmm k100/1 generally have very little voltage drop, .2 off original k100 if I recall. I would check connections ensure clean. If shop is close, head on over see what they say.

Well I can tell you it will fail at .09ohms fresh off the charger at a 4.08watts. 44amps at over 177watts for over half an hour before it started to vent. This happened last night BTW. At .1ohm and higher I've never had a vtc fail as of yet

You okay bro? Did it mess up a mod?

You okay bro? Did it mess up a mod?

the brass stingray is a trooper man. Still going strong. So much vaper off that build I exhaled this monster of a cloud from Steven kings mind took a breath and out came this baby cloud from somewhere. Felt like it was ripping my soul out thru my lungs lol