Macbook Pro Also Dietsmokes

chrisahx

First I want to let everyone know I havent been on this forum in a while. What initially happened is that I spilled juice into the keyboard of my Macbook Pro, it was less than a year old. I sent it back to Apple to try to repair it since it was still under warranty, and then they call me and tell me that they found HIGH levels of NICOTINE on or in it and they couldn't work on it due to some hazordous rule. She said to take it to an authorized dealer and have them work on it, although she didn't say it would be covered. I just bought a Macbook Air and will deal with it later because I found out that if I do have to pay, it will cost around 750. On this mac, I keep my keyboard cover on at all times. Be aware that if any of you do send your laptop off for repair then wipe it down with some type of computer spray. (although I'm probably the only one stupid enough to drip near my computer)

Also I'd like to say how good DietSmokes has been with me over the 2 kissboxes I bought from them. These are made by Janty but I've already had a couple switches go out, a USB PassThru, and 2 DOA batteries. At first we had some initial minor misunderstandings but Parked at DietSmokes really came thru last week when he UPS Overnighted for Saturday delivery a lot of what I needed and the rest arrived Next day air on Monday. So he WILL stand by his products and deal with you honestly and fairly.

I'm going on a weeklong Caribbean Cruise this Sunday (11/15/09) and I'm definitely going to use the e-cig, so I'll report back to what various reactions I'll get!

Edited by chrisahx

Hey chrisahx, I'm pretty new to the forum so........ I didn't even know you were gone but...... welcome back ! Sorry 'bout your mac... But isn't that taking USB passthru a little too far !!! Just kidding. I'm a mac man myself and even though this is just a little G3 ibook I love it ! Now maybe if I'd quit spending money on my vape habit I could get a better one...... oh, well. Anyway, have a great trip and we'll chat when you get back from being gone........ again............

First I want to let everyone know I havent been on this forum in a while. What initially happened is that I spilled juice into the keyboard of my Macbook Pro, it was less than a year old. I sent it back to Apple to try to repair it since it was still under warranty, and then they call me and tell me that they found HIGH levels of NICOTINE on or in it and they couldn't work on it due to some hazordous rule. She said to take it to an authorized dealer and have them work on it, although she didn't say it would be covered. I just bought a Macbook Air and will deal with it later because I found out that if I do have to pay, it will cost around 750. On this mac, I keep my keyboard cover on at all times. Be aware that if any of you do send your laptop off for repair then wipe it down with some type of computer spray. (although I'm probably the only one stupid enough to drip near my computer)

Also I'd like to say how good DietSmokes has been with me over the 2 kissboxes I bought from them. These are made by Janty but I've already had a couple switches go out, a USB PassThru, and 2 DOA batteries. At first we had some initial minor misunderstandings but Parked at DietSmokes really came thru last week when he UPS Overnighted for Saturday delivery a lot of what I needed and the rest arrived Next day air on Monday. So he WILL stand by his products and deal with you honestly and fairly.

I'm going on a weeklong Caribbean Cruise this Sunday (11/15/09) and I'm definitely going to use the e-cig, so I'll report back to what various reactions I'll get!

I wasn't gone as long as you were so you didn't miss me but we missed you!

Be thankful it wasn't an HP. Everything I have is an HP, everything! Except for the 4 1TB external WD drives. And the Sony external DVD burner. And the Microsoft Keyboards. But everything else is HP, I think, Anyway... A few years ago I sent my big laptop back for warranty repair and it took 9 months and then they tried to charge me 1200.00 bucks for the rebuild. I told them to keep it and I would have my attorney contact them to explain covered repairs to them. I also have a friend that works in the corporate office of HP in Houston. She got it straightened out and they rebuilt the entire laptop. New screen, motherboard, hard drive, memory, sound card, video card, everything! I got it back in like November of 2007, a few months ago the hard drive crashed, no way I'm sending it back to them. If I can't find a drive for it, then the prices on a new one are so cheap that I'll just buy an new one, probably not an HP though.

Enjoy the cruise!

Edited by TheSmokingMan

I love my MacBook Pro, so I will be sure to keep the bottles of juice at a reasonable distance from mine ;)

So sorry to hear about your Mac Book Pro. How do you like the Macbook Air?

I am down to just my Mac book Pro. MY G4 had a power supply failure which took the board with it. The computer was more than six years old, it is just easier to replace it. Anyways, I hooked my laptop to a keyboard, mouse and monitor. Works like a charm. So if I spill anything it will happen on the external keyboard.

Hi Everyone.

I'm onboard the Caribbean Princess now, but I'll post specifically about that separately in another post. Before the Macbook Pro I spilled the juice in, I had another Macbook Pro 17", the version Just below the unibody. It kept having constant screen problems and I had sent it in like 4 times for warranty (I had purchased their extended warranty )repair work (ALL covered, and I smoked 2 packs a day of analogs then) when it finally messed up again and I sent it in the rep I spoke with said that because of so many problems on the same issue they would replace for free my macbook pro with a brand new one. He offered me another 17" Macbook Pro, OR a 15" Macbook Pro Unibody (This was right when they came out with these but were still yet to be selling the 17" Unibody) so I accepted the 15" Unibody Pro, this was back in Jan 09 I think. When the new macbook pro 15" unibody arrived, I thought my 3 year extended warranty that I had bought from apple on the 17" one that broke, would carry over to the new one, but it doesn't work that way I found out. So, what happend is I was at my laptop working and was trying to fill a cart with some juice that came out of a bottle that used a glass dropper, and some of that juice dropped down onto the keyboard and I saw it as it leaked into the cracks around the keys, and after a while the caps started to stay on, then I couldn't backspace, so I called mac, they said I had only 1 month left on the 1 year parts and labor warranty that came with it new. So when Apple called to tell me that "due to testing, they found "high levels of nicotine" inside the computer" I am pretty sure it was the juice since they repaired my prior Macbook pros every time 4 times or more when I smoked non stop next to it and said nothing.

As everyone knows, nicotine itself as a drug is poisonous and can be absorbed directly from contact with the skin, I can see why they might have an issue, but really, its over and above being ridiculous for Apple to start telling all smokers that basically their warranties don't apply to them because they smoke! I do think its definitely possible sometime in the very NEAR future for some rogue company to make that stand with some electronic item, just to get out of honoring their warranties, and then other companies following suit and even writing it into their warranties. You guys know that if any of these big Anti groups like the American Lung association were to think of it and start spreading more lies and fairy tails about 2nd hand smoke and the way they are now talking about the NON EXISTENT 3rd hand smoke, its not that far fetched to think they could start saying that if you smoke while next to your laptop, that warranties are voided because you are intentionally exposing the workings to nicotine and thereby putting repair techs lives at risk by exposing them to the "DEADLY" nicotine levels that are a by product of cigarette smoke and even putting their "children at risk" of because the tech then went home and tucked his newborn baby in bed. Remember everyone, we've GOT TO PROTECT THE CHILDREN!!