VW Coil Resistance

rgunn1

Well, I read a thread yesterday that had a link to an article regarding the difference between VW and VV, and I wanted to ask this question on that thread but now I can't find it... so here goes.

I've decided to try a VW machine. Based on what I've read, I am lead to believe that the coil resistance does not matter as the voltage will be adjusted automatically to produce desired wattage. Is that correct? And if so, what resistance coils should I buy? Does it matter? Do different resistance coils seem to last longer on VW devices?

Thanks in advance... R

Backwards, the lower the ohms the hotter the vape, and the faster liquid burns. A 2.2ohm is a good all around resistance IMO. 2.5 is too much for me, I occasionally use 1.8s but I keep 3-4 boxes of. 2.2s on hand at all times. Great from 6.5-8w depending on flavor.

But yes a VW device will adjust the voltage going to the coil based on resistance to maintain a constant vape.

Edited by bcartervol98

But yes a VW device will adjust the voltage going to the coil based on resistance to maintain a constant vape.

This is what I was getting at... if the device adjust the voltage running to the coil to maintain a constant vape, wouldn't coils of any resistance (theoretically) burn the same? I guess I could experiment with it... I'm really just being curious.

In theory a higher res coil should have more turns and thus more surface area to heat up producing more vapor but on these standard coils the advantage is very small and of course takes more energy to light 'em up