NO VAPOUR!

dannybuck

I'm new to this and might be posting this wrong but here goes....I purchased an e cigarette just before Christmas which worked brilliant for about 3 weeks then I struggled to get any vapour. After cleaning the top part (atomizer??) I gave up and purchased a new one (ce4). It worked okay again but only for about a week so again I purchased a new one. Then after 3 days the same problem occurred so I figured my battery was dud and purchased a new battery, same problem still occurring so I purchased ANOTHER atomizer (ce5 this time) still I am having the same problem. I charge the battery until the LED turns green,I clean it after every 10 or so pulls because it is clogging up far too quickly and I am getting so frustrated with the amount of money I am spending on this thing that I'm not far off just going buying some real tobacco and being done with this hell!! Please somebody help me....when I blow down the cigarette more vapour escapes from where the battery and atomizer meet than what I'm releasing from my lungs. What am I doing wrong??? Any help would be welcomed with delight...thanks.

I to 3 weeks on one atomizer is about right.

You need to move to a tank where you can change the coil (heating element) in the tank for cheaper than a new tank. You can't expect an atomizer to last longer than that.

Post exactly what you are buying (brand and model). Still should be cheaper than analogs!

I understand that the cartridge won't last long but I purchased a brand new ce5 atomizer yesterday and a new battery only last week. Is there anything else I could be doing wrong or is there a more reliable model I can purchase?

That's why I asked you to post exactly what you're buying because even though things are labeled "ego" and "ce4" and so forth they are not all equal. Just my opinion but you shouldn't go cheap on batteries or tanks. Not cheap in the long run.

I feared the parts might not be compatible, like I say I'm new to this. The battery I purchased for £12 from a small market stand in liverpool town centre and my current cartridge is a ce5 that's all I know....tomorrow I'm going to purchase a new model and make sure it's a reliable retailer regardless of price I need to do it because the thought of ash and smelling like what I now smell on smokers is something I don't feel I can go back to. I'm sorry I can't give you the information you are asking for and I am really grateful for your advice, so if you could recommended a decent seller and model that would be great. Thanks a lot :)

I grew up in the states but my mother was from Manchester so I feel for you my brother. I can't speak for the market there with confidence but if there is a way to hook up with some experienced vapers out there it might do you better than I can help you,

Cheers,

Mike

if you're not in a hurry, try fasttech. get a few bottom coil tanks. expect 2-4 weeks delivery from fastech. but really cheap. I use a vendor here in the states, but most dont ship overseas.

The Protank is a good choice if you want something quality.

I had a ego with ce5, does it gurgle alot? Like water in a straw and are u getting any vape at all or is it just really thin VAPER, if it's filling the battery up with juice alot and getting juice in the central tube that u smoke from it may be the juice your using or its just not soaking into the wick enough..not really sure what to suggest apart from buying a whole new starter kit maybe a kanger t3s to start with with bottom coil and just a standard ego battery, you can pick up a whole new starter kit from eBay for around£7.99 of eBay (I'm in UK) or pay more money for a better product don't go back to cigarettes it works out dearer smoking then vaping once u buy a whole new kit then ur be Ok but what kind of juice are u using? I've only been vaping for 6 months and still getting used to it but I find bottom coil tanks better that the ce5 style long wicks.

It does gurgle sometimes but I seem to get past that after a few pulls. The liquid I buy varies based on where I happen to be because I live some distance from my daughter and travel a lot. I did buy really cheap liquid that was supposed to taste like Lambert and Butler but threw it away due to the bad taste. I'm getting very little vapor and its harsh on my throat, but I shall check e bay and also the website recommended by my American friend. Thank you all for the advice, I feel more determined now to resolve the problem and continue to cape.

It does gurgle sometimes but I seem to get past that after a few pulls. The liquid I buy varies based on where I happen to be because I live some distance from my daughter and travel a lot. I did buy really cheap liquid that was supposed to taste like Lambert and Butler but threw it away due to the bad taste. I'm getting very little vapor and its harsh on my throat, but I shall check e bay and also the website recommended by my American friend. Thank you all for the advice, I feel more determined now to resolve the problem and continue to cape.

Just me but I would strongly suggest against buying from ebay. You don't know the quality of the items you're going to get. Go with a reputable vendor, you won't go wrong there.

If you're getting very little vapor it could be that you have a juice with a high PG (propylene glycol) and low VG (vegetable glycerine). High PG is a thinner juice, harder throat hit, but better flavor carrier. A high VG juice will give you more vapor but it's thicker so it tends to gunk up coils faster, and is slightly sweeter. For a beginner I would recommend a 50/50 blend so you get the best of both worlds. The amount of nicotine could also influence how harsh the vapor is for you. A higher nic level gives harsher throat hit. Depending on how much and what kind of cigarette you used to smoke you need to start at a fairly high level to get you off the analogs. Once you're comfortable and not missing them so much you can drop the nic level a little at a time.

Liberty-Flights is a good company that I've dealt with in buying some gear in the past and they have a UK designation.

http://www.liberty-flights.com/products.asp

This might be a better alternative to ebay? :)

Oh, and the bad tasting liquid you had? Sometimes juices need time to steep. This means you take off the cap, put it into a dark, cool place away from where pets and children can get to it, let it sit anywhere from a few days to a few weeks but remember to shake the bottle daily. Some juices that taste really bad will change in flavor to become your favorite if allowed to age (steep) for a bit. Also, another thing to keep in mind is that you've been smoking for some time. With your change to vaping your taste buds will be recovering and you'll start tasting things better/differently. The longer you vape you'll come to notice that you begin to gain your sense of taste back so what tastes bad to you now may taste better later. Just a thought.

Edited by Tameiki

If u got any corner premiere shops by u also try in there they have ejuice in there called vivid I'm using the coffee one atm it's 18mg good flavor but steer clear from the (smokesafe) ejuice from premier shops cus they taste of absolutely **** all and are a waste of money, yeah eBay u don't know who your getting it off but it was the cheapest place I got mine..check online for vapor shops in ur area we have one down here in Bournemouth called vapourlounge and it's got loads of stuff in it so there might be one up there where u are. When I clean my tank with the long wicks I use some cheap vodka I just pour it through the mouthpiece and shake it tip it out pour in water shake it a few times then take the wick out and dry it on a paper towel and it used to work fine so the only thing suggest is when it gurgles take the battery off and blow through the mouth peice till all it stops gurgling also get an ear but and clean the battery peice cus that gets ejuice in it too and can actually brake the battery it happens to my mum if the ejuice sits on the bit on the battery eventually it will break

The premiere shops also sell the starter pack behind the counter

Del Rey and Tameiki, thanks for the advice I will try the website and the vodka trick and see how it goes. One more question....when I'm not using my cigarette I store in up right so the liquid doesn't reach the top and leak into the mouth piece, is this correct or am I making an error in doing so?....

Danny - I forgot to mention if you're getting gurgle then the top of your battery is probably getting wet. Make sure you clean and dry the top of your battery as well as that can really cut down on vapor as well. A gunky battery top adds resistance and reduces the voltage flow

Bebop - I clean it every time I use it because it's happening quite regularly. I'm only using tissue tho....I have whisky in the fridge, is that suitable to clean it with or will I have to go buy some vodka? Is tissue suitable or am I making it worse?

Just use rubbing alcohol. A tissue is fine. You just want it dry.

I think life will get better when you find better juice

Edited by Bebop12

If it works for you, that's great.

I think you just need to find good eliquid for that CE5. It makes all the difference in the world whatever device your using.

Then find a supplier in the UK that can get you Kanger T2 Clearomizers (the best top coil device I have found). They are dependable and trouble free. Buy a couple of them at least and some coils. Once you buy the Clearomizer you only have to buy replacement coils - they're a little over $1 each and will last you 1 - 3 weeks. Pull the old coil and replace and vape on.

Next, get a quality ego battery. Joyetec , Vision, Evod. That set up will be trouble free and last you a long time and you only need to buy juice and coils.

Good luck

Are you anywhere near here? This is the address for a place called Rojeans.

Our address:

1st Floor Gostins Building, 32-36 Hanover St, Liverpool. (City centre) Merseyside

L14LN

Telephone 0151 7072973

REVISED Shop opening hours are 8.30 am - 6.00 pm Monday to Friday

9.00 am – 5.30 Saturday.

{Evenings / other times by appointment}

This is copied from another place:

There a few place around Liverpool here's a list of the places I know about and the addresses of them:

J K's E-cig Warehouse, Moor Lane

Crystal Vapours, Park Road L8

Totally Wicked, Tarleton Street L1

Crystal Clean Vapours, Smithdown road

When I find some more I will update this post with them I know there is one on Linnets lane in Huyton and another one on County Road but am not sure where about or even if it is on the roads I have just said.

My personal favourites are Rojeans for my hardware and Crystal Vapours on park road for everything else only because it's close to where I live and the liquid is good quality and fair inexpensive.

Full address is,

Crystal Vapours,

205 Park Road

Dingle, Toxteth

Liverpool

L8 6SE

Edited by Bebop12

Yea CE anything is not the best tank so they will not last very long. Try Madvapes.com. they also have good deal on their tanks. Get something you change the coil on and buy extra coils! I use the vision 2.0 ml vivi nova tank. They did have a huge sale because they are not selling vision products anymore. So I stocked up a bunch of them. They have all kinds of different types of tanks there! Do not waste your money on CE stuff. I am sorry but it is junk.... hope this helps! I used CE4s for a long time, and they just do not last long!

Edited by wvducklady