How often to change wic thing?

Mkirby

How often should I be changing my wic thing(atomized, cartoonists) not sure what it is called. The store told me about ten to fourteen days. I am finding mine burn up at five days. Do I vapor to much? I have the ego Smok starter kit batteries 650 1.8 0hm thing. Yet mine start tasting burning at less than five days. What do I need to do or buy? My nic level is high 24-30 most of my liquids are 26 Or 30.

Sorry New to this 30 days cig free. I have a Smok tech tanks and ego batteries was told 650 .my ohm thing he sells me is 1.8 the vapping outlet where I bought my stuff told me I should only have to change the atomizer every ten to fourteen days but mine seem to be burning up after 5 days. Just wondering if I am doing something wrong or need to buy something different. Sorry not sure what info you need.

Bottom coils if that helps???? I also just ordered a viva nova but it has top wics an not sure about that either. Sorry I sound so stupid but need help an not sure???? The Vapping outlet just keeps selling me more Atomizers yet I'm not sure if they should be burning up after less than 5 days. The wic things are literally BLACK after less than 5 days.

I have changed it 3 times now. I have two so each one has been changed 3 times making 6 atomizers in a month at $4 each plus the original $50 for the kit an I have bought $50 worth of juice .I have spent $150 in 30 days with kit an juice an new atomizers?????

Lots of variables..the darker or sweeter the juice the faster the coils go, I have some awesome juice but I only get fours days on a coil...Chain vaping will also age a coil faster so slow down. Don't pay attention to the color of the wicks as much as flavor or vapor output, all wicks change color as they age. You'll recoup your original investment over time, and still cheaper than stinkies!

Not sure about how the liquid is delivered but is is important that the actual coil is never run dry.

FWIW I like the the Apire.

aspire-ecig-atomizer2.jpg

It's a bottom, dual coil atty with replaceable coils/heads (about $2 each). There are a few different styles and sizes that use the same head.. That said many report weeks of use on each head. For me though although vapor production remains strong I'll change out in 6-7 days as the flavor seems to get muddy at that point. That puts my cost at about 30¢/day which is fine with me.

On a standard eGo battery the 1.8Ω will be a good choice.

Basically then replace coils as needed :)

Yes but if you pick a popular tank like the protank 2 or anyvape davide you can usually find coils a lot cheaper in the $1.50 range.

When you get a bit of experitence you can learn to "dry burn" your older coils and prolong their life a little too.

@Mkirby do you happen to know if your ego batteries are variable voltage? where the bottom cap of the battery spins to change voltage.

if that's the case maybe you're running too high of a voltage. At 1.8ohms your voltage should be good around 3.8v

reason why I ask is because if you're running too high of a voltage in relation to your ohms you'll kill the coil faster