Dripping?

Ok, dripping is the act of either dripping your juice directly into your cartomizer, or dripping juice onto your coils/wick assemblies on an RDA(rebuildable dripping attomizer) or RBA(rebuildable atomizer.

Medic, please correct me if I'm wrong.

As far as other components for your Spire VV mod, a good choice would be the Anyvape Davide (standard or mini), Kanger Protank 2 or 3 (again, standard or mini.

If you're new to vaping, I wouldn't get too worked up about "dripping" just yet. Start out with a decent tank setup then work your way from there. You'll want to get plenty of advice from the more experienced folks here and do some research on "dripping" before venturing into it.

Hope that helps! Happy Vaping!

Edited by Joshuab3687

Ok, dripping is the act of either dripping your juice directly into your cartomizer, or dripping juice onto your coils/wick assemblies on an RDA(rebuildable dripping attomizer) or RBA(rebuildable atomizer.

Medic, please correct me if I'm wrong.

As far as other components for your Spire VV mod, a good choice would be the Anyvape Davide (standard or mini), Kanger Protank 2 or 3 (again, standard or mini.

If you're new to vaping, I wouldn't get too worked up about "dripping" just yet. Start out with a decent tank setup then work your way from there. You'll want to get plenty of advice from the more experienced folks here and do some research on "dripping" before venturing into it.

Hope that helps! Happy Vaping!

A cartomizer is an atomizer with filler material inside. You don't drip into a cartomizer, you need to let the filler material soak up the e-liquid until it's completely saturated before you vape.

An atomizer has a metal outer layer with the heating coil inside, no filler. They can either have a bridge or be debridged (bridgeless), and you directly drip your juice onto the heating coil and vape. You don't fill the atomizer, you use just a few drops at a time or you wind up flooding it.

You drip into an RDA (rebuildable dripping atomizer), but an RBA has a tank for the juice and is not specifically made for dripping.

I agree with you in that, if you're a new vaper, I'd go with a good tank system first before getting into direct dripping. :)

Thanks for clearing that up Tam. I had it right in my head, just couldn't seem to get it worded right when typing. Lol!

There are so many different delivery systems these days, it's hard to keep it all straight! :D

The learning curve keeps getting higher. I'm really good at tinkering, figuring things out, and researching stuff, but explaining anything thats not driving related twists my brain. Lol!

Ah, good to know you're good at explaining driving stuff. Just started a thread in the Vapor Lounge where you could show off your skills. :)

What I dont understand is why one would want to do this? I would think it would be quite n inconviniance!?

To me it provides a better vape. It brings out different notes of the flavors that I can't get from my kpt2's. Also, it satisfies ny tinkering itch. It's more of a hobby for me at this point.

Just like everything else with vaping -- it's a personal preference.

I prefer to direct drip, it gives me much better flavor than any tank I've used to date. Dripping can be a minor inconvenience, but I've been doing it for so long now I don't even think about it. Getting muted flavor out of a tank is more of an inconvenience to me these days. :)

Like Tam said!!!

Dripping is my sweet spot for flavor, vapor and throat hit....tanks are great for driving (for me anyway)

Like said previously....anybody new to vaping should get the hang of things before trying dripping, just like all things vaping, theres a learning curve.

What I dont understand is why one would want to do this? I would think it would be quite n inconviniance!?

Well, a few reasons:

To me it provides a better vape. It brings out different notes of the flavors that I can't get from my kpt2's. Also, it satisfies ny tinkering itch. It's more of a hobby for me at this point.

^ This, and I drip mostly to taste test. When I get samples, I drip them at various points along the steeping process to see if they've matured yet, and then I decide if, based on what I've tasted, if I want to tank the flavor up and sample it more long term, or if it's an automatic pitch after a few tasting sessions (you wouldn't BELIEVE the nasty tasting honey flavors I've gotten, it can't be THAT hard to get right, but so far only one place has, at least to me).

Quite frankly I drip because I like the control over the build. I like building the coils and the wick to what I want and adjust the height for the throat hit and how close it is to the air hole. I prefer to tinker so I drip. With a Genny, it's pretty similar, but I don't like that it cooks my juice before I vape it changing the flavor.