Guy At Work Asked Me For A Lighter And....

So I was at work the other day when this guy I used to smoke with asked me for my lighter. Now I had one in my bag but it was next to some... stuff I don't want to flash around at work ;) so I said to him "... No, I don't smoke anymore man, electric all the way."

First time I've gotten to say I was using an ecig instead of smoking, and it felt good. It felt especially good because I know that I don't have to go outside 5 times a day in the below zero temperature, just take a few puffs at my desk and hold them in a little bit longer.

Just thought I'd share the story, do any of you all have any stories like that?

• 2 weeks later...

Ha! They won't let me vape at work either..

No security cameras in the bathroom man!

But I still go out to the "smoking" area to keep up appearances.

It was all the other vapers at work that turned me on to the new (to me) devices.

Last week this guy comes out, lights up, looks around and laughs.."Haha, I'm the only smoker out here!"

Out of the 6 of us out there HE had the only cigarette.

For about two months, I kept a lighter in my pants pocket still. Another reminder of where I USED to be, plus a lighter comes in handy sometimes. Now, well, I KNOW I have a lighter in my bag somewhere, there are a couple hiding on my desk, and then a couple in the bedroom. But for function around the house, we have one of those long lighters that you would say, use for lighting a gas burner if it won't light (we had that problem with our old stove - if you turned the burner off, and then tried to turn in back on immediately - say because you turned the flame down too low and it extinguished itself - it didn't want to light) or for lighting candles (which is the original reason we bought it, those candles in a jar) and lighting the grill when the ignition button doesn't work.