Signs of Vaping - What Did You See?

A lot of us saw Julia Louise Dreyfus doing the blu thing on the Golden Globes the other night.

Commercials have popped up on TV.

My neighborhood market now carries a couple of different brands of Cig-a-likes as well as an ego knockoff blister pack which weren't there a couple of months ago.

Today I came out of a grocery store and happened upon a guy vaping away on a Vamo or something. I raised my spinner and protank in acknowledgement and got a smile and nod in return.

It's awesome that vaping is catching on. Post your stories, pictures, whatever you see that show vaping has arrived. :)

Not seeing much of anything in stores here other than disposable pen style gear. The are a few vapers where I work. All but one or two are using eGo style batts with various toppers. One woman just started so I'm trying to help her out.

Was in Austin last week and ran into a couple of vapers on different evenings at the hotel bar. Both were fairly new to vaping so we swapped stories.

When I started vaping I saw NO ONE else and there was NOTHING in stores around here. So I guess things are picking up a bit.

• 4 weeks later...

Went out to dinner last Sunday night and caught a lady discreetly vaping at her table with an Ego-style pen.

Did a search for local B & M's this weekend. In almost a year we have gone from 2 vape shops to about 15. 3 of them are full on vape bars specializing in juice with hundreds of flavors and some basic gear. About 6 or 7 are full retail "vape only" shops with all the gear you could want. Another half-dozen are smoke shops with a significant section of their store set up for vaping, mostly introductory stuff and a couple dozen flavors. This is all within about a 25 mile radius.

Saw John Stossell puffing on one on Fox and Friends this morning. Also went to a hockey game last month and there was a smoking area outside. It was kind of hot in the arena so I went out anyway and of the 100 or so people out there roughly 1 in 3 were vaping. It has caught on hugely in the last year. One year ago it was an hour and a half drive to the nearest shop now there are 4 or 5 within 15 minutes lol. I still order exclusively online though.

In my company of 73 employees, well at least in my sales department of 28 people including office there are only 2 smokers left. As of last week with my latest convert, there are now 9 vapers.

definitely seeing more and more people on the streets, restaurants and movie theaters.

watching house of cards (netflix), second season and kevin spacey was using a pen style ecig. his character was smoking (secretly) last season.

Of all places I was Disney World Orlando with my family and was sitting around some attraction while my son was playing and decided on a few stealth vapes. I noticed another guy stealth vaping about the same time he noticed me. He walked over and introduced himself and we chatted for a few minutes about our setups. The conversation then turned to our favorite juices and he said that he was one of the owners of Moon Mountain Vapors based out of Tampa, gave me his business card and invited me to visit the website that they recently had opened up.

Of course I checked it out later that day but was unable to order anything because I was leaving for Iraq in a couple of days. But I never forgot and when I returned home on leave I ordered Sweet Mother of Mercury juice (RY4 style juice) from the website and its now one of my all day vapes.

Its funny how things turn out sometimes.

Red Lobster. I wasn't expecting to get the green light from them to vape indoors, since Applebee's turned us down, and Red Lobster is also a national chain, but V-Day, when I put our names in (bloody hour wait), I asked them about it, and they double checked with another staff member, and they allow it. Unfortunately, husband wouldn't allow it, not sure why. He's told me if I vape in restaurants, he'd walk out and leave me there (but places like Fast Eddie's is okay, because if we are there, it's with family, so we are in the smoking area anyway). He won't even vape in my parents' house, even though my mother has given the green light because hey, it's not smoking, it's not smoke, and it's not going to harm her cardiovascularly.

Was commiserating with a guy a couple of days ago in the airport security line. He got pulled aside for a largely metal box mod with topper in his carry on. I gave him my sympathies as I'd just gone through with an assembled eGo/carto combo, a disassembled eVic, several batteries, different chargers, etc. in my carry-on.

I live between San Antonio and New Braunfels and we have 3 vape only stores with vaping lounges that let everyone try all their flavors. The store I visit is very busy every time I've been there. My son lives north of Austin in a small town that opened an awesome vape only shop. They custom mixed my first juice and kept adjusting flavor until I was satisfied. At the local Wal-Mart I saw so many people vaping that I know it's caught on there. Several friends and family members began vaping after seeing me vape. It then spreads to their friends, families and coworkers. The quick marts around here carry disposable ecigs. The Blu vanilla actually isn't bad but that En-joy brand is terrible. The disposables cost too much, don't last as long as they advertise. I think vaping is going to grow fast.